Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Recnt detail pics

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2008, 10:22 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recnt detail pics

couple of quick detail pics from sat and sun. 320 on the sat and hawkeye on the sun. was so hot i wanted to get done so no before or during pics, just a couple of afters.

bot were in very good condition before hand which always helps. i know the owner and he always looks after them. just wanted something he could further build on. usual processes used (look at pb guides of you want to know how ) polished with rotary and menz rd3.02 on megs cutting pad then followed up with mix of 85rd and pb white diamond / black hole on finishing pad. lsp of choice was werkstatt acrylic that the owner sourced from pb.

i was very happy with the results. next thing for me to do is get the makita 9227cb which will be with me soon

work time on 320 about 9.5 hours

work time on impreza about 8.5 hours.
Old 31 July 2008, 10:50 PM
sparkytrix
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice
Old 01 August 2008, 10:21 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Excellent results as usual Matt.

How is the sale going?
Old 01 August 2008, 11:31 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Cheers Guys.

Not bad, the exhaust is going tomorrow and i could have sold the injectors, fpr, walbro 10 times over. just gutted it's going. still family's more important and a car can always be replaced. for example, the missus is getting made redundant next december so may have enough heading my way for a treat.
Old 01 August 2008, 12:18 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
Cheers Guys.

Not bad, the exhaust is going tomorrow and i could have sold the injectors, fpr, walbro 10 times over. just gutted it's going. still family's more important and a car can always be replaced. for example, the missus is getting made redundant next december so may have enough heading my way for a treat.
Lol... love that you're spending her money! Positives of a marriage I suppose...

I would have been tempted by the exhaust but have too many other things to go on it in the next week....

KW Variant 3's
Noltec top mounts & rear suspension arms
Defi gauges and pod
Innovate Wideband AFR kit
HardRace engine & gearbox mounts....

Old 01 August 2008, 01:22 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Lol... love that you're spending her money! Positives of a marriage I suppose...

I would have been tempted by the exhaust but have too many other things to go on it in the next week....

KW Variant 3's
Noltec top mounts & rear suspension arms
Defi gauges and pod
Innovate Wideband AFR kit
HardRace engine & gearbox mounts....

also a big negative as well though as if wasn;t married i'd have told her where to go when she suggested selling the ra. was just starting to get where i wanted it to be.

mmmm kw and noltecs will make a huge difference. far better than changing the exhaust. defis and invoate da kit is a must with the power that you have.

will be interested to hear if the engine mounts make much difference.
Old 01 August 2008, 01:34 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

also a big negative as well though as if wasn;t married i'd have told her where to go when she suggested selling the ra. was just starting to get where i wanted it to be.

mmmm kw and noltecs will make a huge difference. far better than changing the exhaust. defis and invoate da kit is a must with the power that you have.

will be interested to hear if the engine mounts make much difference.
True... Katie doesn't contribute 1p to maintance or running (insurance,tax fuel etc), yet gets lifts etc so she can't argue what I spend on it. She gets lots of treats anyway...

Will let you know about the mounts... others who posted on the GB thread seem to think the car feels more positive so will wait and see... Defo take you for a ride at next detailing session (or if I ever make a meet...).

Apologies, I seem to have hi-jacked your thread
Old 01 August 2008, 01:40 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

True... Katie doesn't contribute 1p to maintance or running (insurance,tax fuel etc), yet gets lifts etc so she can't argue what I spend on it. She gets lots of treats anyway...

Will let you know about the mounts... others who posted on the GB thread seem to think the car feels more positive so will wait and see... Defo take you for a ride at next detailing session (or if I ever make a meet...).

Apologies, I seem to have hi-jacked your thread
i can't complain i've got away with the line "you don't drive so you don't have a view" for the last 4 or so years of marriage and we've been together for 9 years too.

that's what i was thinking, they should reduce flex which is a good thing, get it as solid as possible

yeah that'd be good. have some new waxes to try out on black clue in the reflection pics above

nah no thread hijacking mate. talk is still about cars and this is a car site
Old 01 August 2008, 01:59 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

i can't complain i've got away with the line "you don't drive so you don't have a view" for the last 4 or so years of marriage and we've been together for 9 years too.

that's what i was thinking, they should reduce flex which is a good thing, get it as solid as possible

yeah that'd be good. have some new waxes to try out on black clue in the reflection pics above

nah no thread hijacking mate. talk is still about cars and this is a car site
oooo.... I've just about finished the PB wax that I brought from you lasttime... had about 7-8 coats in as many weeks!! Was about to turn back the BF, depending what you have of course...

Dodo?
Old 01 August 2008, 02:10 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

oooo.... I've just about finished the PB wax that I brought from you lasttime... had about 7-8 coats in as many weeks!! Was about to turn back the BF, depending what you have of course...

Dodo?
you must have a cracking level of protection on there now then and it'll be looking dripping wet. i've got one or 2 dodo waxes you can try. not selling the dodo but using it for details. we can give them a go to see what you think.
Old 01 August 2008, 02:15 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

you must have a cracking level of protection on there now then and it'll be looking dripping wet. i've got one or 2 dodo waxes you can try. not selling the dodo but using it for details. we can give them a go to see what you think.
Sounds good to me... I've managed to inflict some swirls (as per my other thread on this forum) on the bootlid so always happy to try some correction!!
Old 01 August 2008, 02:31 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

swirls you'll never be 100% able to avoid them but as per the other thread i think the methods you've put in place will help.

should have the makita soon too. no more DA for me. reults that i'm seeing with the rotary are sooooooooo much better. much crisper.
Old 01 August 2008, 02:42 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

I an never remember having this much trouble with marks before... (not even when I used to use sponge and bucket with Hlafrods wash). Might be a mix of car colour and my new found sense of perfection...

Being an amateur, I'm too scared to try a rotary... Thinking of DA, with nothing harsher than Menzerna Intensive polish and a polishing pad. Then Glaze pad and BF polish/glaze before applying protection by hand.

Do you know anywhere local where you can go in and buy in store rather than internet purchase? I'm tired of having to go to the post depot and picking it up.
Old 01 August 2008, 05:19 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

it's just because you're getting a eye for it. i've had people came out while i'm working on their car and say that i don;t need to polish further but i can still see marks.

a g220 would be a good way to go. ip and then 85rd is a great "system" but you will get to a point where you don't have any clearcoat left. but have the ptg that you can use

don't know anywhere really local and with pb delivering in good time i don't find it a problem as my neighbours are used to taking in parcels for me by now. either that or i have my car product purchases delivered to work. (that way the missus doesn't see what i've bought either ) she's amazed at how much stuff is on the scoob that can be taken off before selling
Old 04 August 2008, 11:04 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Would the 85rd be required if I use the BF Polish afterwards?
Old 04 August 2008, 03:06 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

personally i would. then use the blackfire polish as a gloss enhancer rather than a corrective polish. should give cracking results by the time you have a tub or 2 of wax layers on there
Old 04 August 2008, 03:14 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

personally i would. then use the blackfire polish as a gloss enhancer rather than a corrective polish. should give cracking results by the time you have a tub or 2 of wax layers on there
Bah!! More stages!!

TBH - might just let you do it.. .. much easier to pay and sit back... well, pay and help.

Tub or 2? Well.... I do have a couple sitting in the garage...

Have been looking at the Dodo joice stuff you've suggested. Found at a company called The Ultimate Finsh - who are based in Brands Hatch. Might be worth a look during the TA this weekend.

I may be there (TA), not sure at the moment as is a mates 25th b'day so shouldn't really miss that - just waiting for him to make up his mind what he wants to do.

Do you know if the BF wax coats over the PB Blue wax okay?