Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

New wax - Blackfire Midnight Sun

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2007, 07:50 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New wax - Blackfire Midnight Sun

Jeepers, we've had this over a week now and this is the first chance I've had to mention it! If you've been following our work you may have been waiting for this one to arrive - the latest Blackfire wax. We've had it on test for over a month now, and it's good - really good. Here's the details...

Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Wax - £39.95

"With the addition of a revolutionary new crystal super-polymer to the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection formula in 2004, modern synthetic paint sealants took a significant step closer to being able to produce finishes very close to those given by high quality carnauba waxes. However, whilst this super-polymer produces a terrifically wet looking shine with excellent reflectivity, it still doesn't quite give the shimmering liquidity and depth that a high quality carnauba wax imparts. Consequently, many enthusiasts have tried layering carnauba waxes over Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection, in order to gain the best of both worlds in terms of the final finish and durability. However, in many cases the results were disappointing, with hazing and streaking resulting from the failure of the carnauba wax to bond properly with the underlying sealant layer.

In 2005 the manufacturers of Blackfire set out to remedy this problem, and produce a carnauba wax that would bond properly to Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Protection. Over twenty different formulas were tested over a period of eighteen months, all combining varying amounts of high quality Brazilian ivory carnauba wax with the new super-polymer. By incorporating the super-polymer into the wax matrix, the bonding issue was fully overcome, and further advantages gained in the form of enhanced durability and ease of use. The final resulting product, Blackfire Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, was released in early 2007, offering all of benefits afforded by state of the art polymer technology, married with the shimmering liquidity that only a high quality carnauba wax can give.

Roll on to late 2007, and the manufacturers of Blackfire have further refined the formula, fortifying it with additional carnauba wax content and gloss enhancing oils that extend durability to around four months from a single application. This new formula, called Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax, gives a dripping wet look rippling with energy and vibrancy on darker coloured paints, and a laser sharp shine on lighter coloured paints. In our opinion, it simply doesn't get any better than this, unless you are prepared to spend thousands on a bespoke high-end wax. Deeply impressive."

...and this is what it does (click the images to read the full write up's and view more pics)...

Oh, and finally, the old Blackfire wax is now being phased out, so if anyone wants a bargain we've just slashed £10 off the usual price, making it just £29.95 while stocks last. See here...

Blackfire Wet Diamond Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax

Old 08 November 2007, 09:47 PM
budge28
Scooby Regular

I use the jeffs kit that you sell,
would this go over the Acrylic Jett Trigger with as good results as the black renault or would i have to get the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection?

Also what would you use after a couple of wash's as i normaly top up with jett?

Last edited by budge28; 08 November 2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: also
Old 08 November 2007, 10:43 PM
bonzee
Scooby Regular

Location: knocking on the door of 400bhp with v power smashed through it with e85

just ordered some all finish paint protection and wax(blackfire) luv that finish absolutely stunning

cheers
marc
Old 09 November 2007, 01:11 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Looks stunning!

I've still got a half full pot of the old Blackfire wax to use yet though!

I haven't tried the extra sealant though.. would you recommend that uder the wax or not to bother?

Thanks
R
Old 09 November 2007, 01:53 PM
dragonspiritdesign
Scooby Regular

would you recommend this on a silver car mate?
Old 09 November 2007, 04:24 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by budge28
I use the jeffs kit that you sell,
would this go over the Acrylic Jett Trigger with as good results as the black renault or would i have to get the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection?

Also what would you use after a couple of wash's as i normaly top up with jett?
This would go over the Jeffs acrylic system just fine, but you wouldn't then be able to top up again with the Jett, as you shouldn't layer sealants over waxes. However, contrary to this view, the makers of Blackfire have now revised the Deep Gloss Spray Sealant formula to make it compatible with this wax. Don't ask me how, as it's essentially still layering a sealant over a wax, but the makers justify it due to the acrylic polymer content of the wax being the same as the spray sealant. The labels on the new bottles of Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant reflect this.
Old 09 November 2007, 04:25 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rossi_p
Looks stunning!

I've still got a half full pot of the old Blackfire wax to use yet though!

I haven't tried the extra sealant though.. would you recommend that uder the wax or not to bother?

Thanks
R
It's not essential, but does add more reflectivity to the final finish compared to using the wax on it's own.
Old 09 November 2007, 04:26 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dragonspiritdesign
would you recommend this on a silver car mate?
Nope, for best results on silver stick with the Jeffs Acrylic System, see here for demo images and more info...

https://www.scoobynet.com/car-care-3...hite-grey.html