Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

New car coming

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2006, 01:03 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car coming

Hopefully next week I will take delivery of a brand new motor, it's only a Golf GTI don't get too excited. Anyway I want to give a good clean and add some decent protection to the paint, so what should I do? Does it make any difference that it's new? I currently use swissol products on my scoob. Clay bar, cleanear fluid, samurai wax (the wax is meant to be formulated for Jap paint)

Cheers.

Last edited by Hepy; 16 September 2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 16 September 2006, 02:32 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Have a look through the polished bliss website. This is a very helpful site and most questions posted get a thorough and clear answer from ploished bliss. Enjoy
Old 16 September 2006, 07:28 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Yeah it's a good site, but too much to choose from. I just need to know what's best for me motor. So I can buy it.
Old 16 September 2006, 07:36 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wait a while and I am sure you will get a reply on here from polished bliss themselves with some good advice. You could look back through some of the threads in this section.
Old 17 September 2006, 11:39 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice mate, i'll see what I can find.
Old 18 September 2006, 10:28 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Answers could depend on colour and the finish you want, but I would do the following:

You will want some Sonus Green Detailing clay (very mild, will remove contaminants without marring paintwork) ALthough a new car, they will have contaminants (my Dad's GT170 did). Use some megs quick detailer or summate to lubricate the clay (the swissol quick finish would work just as well).

I would then go for some Black fire Gloss enhancing polish, topped with Poorboys ex-p and a layer of Collinite wax (have just used this spit-shined over P21s carnauba and it is ******* superb (supposed to be extremely durable too!)! ( http://www.shipshapenorfolkltd.co.uk...l.php?prod=885 ) Get the marine labelled one, it is the same as the car stuff but in a bigger pot and cheaper!

Then clean with summat like Megs Gold class shampoo, a microfibre mitt and the 2 bucket method, and dry with some kind of waffleweave towel (I use the Poorboys ones and they are great!)

Althoutgh the was is supposedly good for 3 month sor more, I would re-wax every month!
Old 18 September 2006, 02:46 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

This is what Polished bliss advised me for a blue new WRX , I can 100% recommend all of this stuff (and PB Always fast delivery and good prices, and most importantly quick to offer help when needed), the black ifre range is esspecaly good (it was not avalable when these recomendations were made, Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection and Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel are the best u can get

“Not sure from your post whether you will be working by hand or machine, so I'll assume by hand unless I hear back from you to say otherwise. You also don't say what look you would like to achieve, i.e. wet and glossy, or shiny and reflective, or a combination of the two (if you want help deciding see the guide to choosing and applying wax or sealant protection on my site). For a blue WRX, I can suggest a couple of product combinations that would look awesome. The following list is what I would use on you car if I were asked to detail it - it is a long list, and not designed to create a big order, more to give you an idea of the types of products you might want to consider getting over time in order to get your car looking tip top.

Wash (ideally every 1-2 weeks)

Poorboy's Slick n Suds shampoo
Meguiars Lambswool wash mitt (for bodywork)
Meguiars Microfibre wash mitt (for wheels and inside the arches)
Poorboy's Waffle Weave Drying Towel

Polish/Protect (assuming all work done by hand)

Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze
Menzerna FMJ sealant (comes with decent buffing towel)
1 x Poorboy's Mega Plush Towel
Meguiars Foam Pads (twin pack)

Wheels

Poorboy's Wheel Sealant
2 x Poorboy's Work Towels
2 x Poorboy's Mega Plush Towels
Meguiars Foam Pads (twin pack)

Trims/Interior/Exhaust

303 Aerospace Protectant (for trims)
Poorboy's Natural Look Dressing (interior)
Meguiars NXT All Metal Polysh (exhaust)
2 x Clearkote Microfibre Applicator Pads
2 x Poorboy's Work Towels

Hope that helps,

Rich”
Old 18 September 2006, 07:49 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

mmm - puddle lights
Old 18 September 2006, 08:57 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Cheers for above replies folks. Hepy, what it boils down to mate is what type of finish do you want? I can give you wet and glossy, shiny and reflective, a bit of both, maximum metallic flake enhancement, essentially whatever you want. So, let me know what colour the car is, and how much durability you want (i.e. 2-3 months, or 4-6 months) and I'll list some ideas and pictures of the type of finish you can expect.
Old 18 September 2006, 11:32 PM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies.
It's a Diamond black (pearl effect) VW golf. I'm wanting a nice wet and glossy finish with about 4-6 months durability if poss. I was thinking about the
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, and the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. But I bow to your superior knowledge . So let me know what you think.
Cheers.
Old 19 September 2006, 07:21 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, and the Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

I have been very pleased with them products top stuff
Old 20 September 2006, 11:13 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

In that case you're bang on - I would apply two coats of Wet Diamond when you first detail it (after the Gloss Enhancing Polish), then top up every three months (of more often if you like) through winter. You could leave it for longer, but it's so quick to reapply after a wash that you might as well keep adding more protection - the more the merrier, and the wetter the finish.
Old 20 September 2006, 11:48 AM
Hepy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Polished Bliss
In that case you're bang on - I would apply two coats of Wet Diamond when you first detail it (after the Gloss Enhancing Polish), then top up every three months (of more often if you like) through winter. You could leave it for longer, but it's so quick to reapply after a wash that you might as well keep adding more protection - the more the merrier, and the wetter the finish.
Sounds good to me.
Cheers.