Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

WOWAWEEWA Jeffs knows best...

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2006, 10:14 PM
kendz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOWAWEEWA Jeffs knows best...

Well, on the advice of polished bliss I purchased some Jeffs Werkstatt Prime, and acrylic trigger spray last week. Firstly, I cannot speak highly enough of polished bliss, great advice, easy ordering, fantastic communication and speedy delivery (courier even called to say where he was up to). I know where i'm shopping in the future!!

Cora & I spent the day doing our mota's and we're both blown away by the results. Literally polished with Jeffs prime, then Jeffs acrylic spray. Here's a couple of afters (and it's cloudy in these pics!!)...

Cora Z3 bonnet

Cora Z3 side

My Scoob side

Scoob other side

Thanks again polished bliss, and for silvers the jeffs is the bees knees!!
Old 06 August 2006, 11:00 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

No worries, glad you enjoyed the products, and many thanks for the kind words.
Old 06 August 2006, 11:00 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

PS - cars look great, and the Z3 looks damn wet.
Old 09 August 2006, 05:49 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Sorry to say, but I'm not very impressed with Jeffs so far (although the Beemer looks great).

My car is black and after doing a full detail to the front end of the car using clay/SSR2.5/SSR1/Poorboys polish/EXP/Nattys my results were amazing, not a blemish or smear anywhere and my paintwork has never looked so bright and detailed.

So I thought I would do the same steps again to the back of the car and substitute the Poorboys polish/EXP/Nattys for Jeffs Prime and Carnuba Jett, but I found the Jeffs stuff really hard to work with, it was not really applying very well before drying out and then I found it particuarly difficult to remove afterwards. And then I kept finding small smears and small deposits of product lurking on the paint when I looked at different angles.

To my eye I can't see any improvement over Poorboys either, maybe Jeffs is not good for black Subaru's or more likely something was amiss in my prepwork. I appreciate black is particuarly difficult to work with and I have got a really fussy eye for detail.

What do you think Mr PB?
Old 09 August 2006, 06:44 PM
kendz
Scooby Regular

One thing I have to admit is that the Prime was not the easiest to remove, especially after the 30 mins it is recommended to leave on, BUT, I found it no harder to remove than AG Extra Gloss Protection, and the result are well worth the effort!!

It may be advisable to try and keep the layer of Prime thin as I found the toughest parts to remove were where I had left a 'thicker' blob!

As for the trigger spray, I had no probs, just worked through it till it was gone. I can imagine it being slightly more difficult in the sun though.
Old 09 August 2006, 08:40 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

I found the prime was ok to work with, but the spray was really hard work and from eyes not worth the extra effort over my usual polish/wax.

Although I have been working with the Poorboys range for a few months now and know exactly how to apply, when to take it off, what prep is needed etc, so I think I'll give Jeffs a go on my missus 206 to try and get to grips with it.

Edit, reference the sun, I moved my car into the garage and cooled it with cold water before starting.
I was working with the Poorboys in direct sun, it was only the Nattys that was a bit stubborn to remove, but even that was way easier than the Jett.

Last edited by G00ner; 09 August 2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11 August 2006, 12:36 PM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Hmm, the Jeffs Carnauba line up is not what I normally reach for on black cars (I mainly use it on reds and yellows), but you shouldn't have had such serious difficulty with the products. The Prime is a pig to remove no doubt, but a quick spritz of detailing spray (I always use Carnauba Glos with Prime Carnauba) makes ****ing the residue very straightforward and easy (although any decent quick detailer will do). The Jett can cause smearing if applied too thickly - the best method for application is to spray onto a plush towel, wipe over the panel, then buff with another plush dry towel. This seems to give smear free results every time. Maybe these methods would have helped? I agree that the finish can be bettered on black - I normally go with Blackfire on solid black, and reserve Jeffs acrylic line up for metallic blacks.
Old 28 September 2006, 10:01 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Just thought I'd top this as I've got a new found love for this stuff.

One of my dogs jumped up and put some really nasty scratches in the paint today, so I thought I would give Jeffs another try.

I used a yellow 4" spot pad and some SSR 2.5 to remove the worst of the scratches.

A white spot pad with SSR 1 to remove any haze.

Then I washed out the white pad, gave it a 30 second spin to dry it out a bit and used the Jeffs Prime to really buff out any remains.

As PB correctly stated, using a bit of detailer to remove the stubborn residue worked a treat, no smears at all and made the process of removing much quicker.

Then I used the Trigger spray and applied by hand. I found that you must apply then remove quickly to make it easy to work with.

Finally topped with some Nattys blue.

I'm starting to like it now that I've learned how to work with the product.

I should have taken before and afters, but didn't, you'll have to take my word for it.
Old 01 October 2006, 04:47 PM
kendz
Scooby Regular

The cars are on about their 4th layer of acrylic Jett now and the finish is just getting better. Out of direct sunlight there is a very deep glossy shine, but in the direct sun all hell breaks loose!! The metallic flake pops out more than ever before.

An added bonus is the car seems easier & easier to wash as the dirt just doesn't stick any more, and the beads are huge in the rain!
Old 06 October 2006, 03:09 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

Dear Polished Bliss,

following my purchase of the Primer & Trigger, could you please get onto Jeffs and ask if they could design something to stop it bloomin raining so I can get out there and use them !!

Rich
Old 09 October 2006, 09:06 AM
Rich @ PB
Former Sponsor

Lol, know what you mean - been waiting for a dry day up here for two weeks to get the C2 prepped for winter, but no joy yet.