Notices
Car Care Discussion on how to keep your pride and joy looking at it's best.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2021, 11:52 AM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel

Anyone else love this stuff?
I find it very good indeed, sensibly priced and a bargain for 5 litres.

I did ask BH about the funny handle on the 5 litre bottle and got a reply from Peter Hamber himself.

He said the handle is actually stronger than a blown handle that I'm more familiar with.
Yes it stinks, but they all do!

Last alloy now deep cleaned, ready for detailing, polishing, panel wipe and GTechniq C5 ceramic wheel armour.
C5 is wicked stuff, it sailed through 2 winters, so I felt it was time to apply / top it up again. Road salt and brake dust issues? Not a chance.

As I'm getting older (now 45 and 10 months lol) I'm becoming more OCD, something I thought would reverse with age. Nothing better than cracking out the nitrile gloves and setting to work on the car!
Quick plug for Clean and Shiny in Aldershot Hampshire, great website, great team, quick delivery and a vast range of every top notch brand and product you can think of.

Next up will be a Kranzle K10 / 122 TS power washer (sick of Karcher now)
Stock of the German built Kranzle machines has now dried up due to Covid, so I'm going to have to wait which is frustrating. Will be worth it though I'm sure.

Last edited by Hawkeye D; 13 March 2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 13 March 2021, 12:47 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Yes it's brilliant stuff, like all their products. Particularly like the clay bars as you can lube with normal water and again you get a lot for your money
Old 15 April 2021, 10:39 AM
MelTypeR
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The BH stuff is awesome isnt it. I now swear by autowheel, auto foam, surfex HD and Korrosol, all are amazing products and not the badly priced considering their performance.

I binned my Karchar last year as it was temperamental, although to be fair it did last nearly 15 years so cannot complain. Looked around for a good replacement which wasnt a Karcher and ended up purchasing a Nilfisk Premium 180 jet wash.
Went for it as it can take water temps upto 60c and was massively expensive as the Kranzle stuff. Bought mine from here https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/product...t.asp?ID=16626, although it seems to have gone up a little since the summer.

Old 15 April 2021, 12:33 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

found dragons blood as good as BH , i use gyeon rim on wheels and calipers do not need to use wheel cleaner anymore, use BH clay bars and cleanser fluid, autosmart g101 is briliant to, chemical guys citrus wash shampoo is very good plus gives a car nice shine, Polar blast foam for a lance and Karcher K4 premium nothing wrong with it in the last 5y but im tempted with the one above for its hot water function