Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Just an idea..

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2007, 09:09 PM
avfc_mad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just an idea..

Didnt know where to post this.. so sorry if its in the wrong place..

How easy would it be to introduce a new feature .. allowing you to have signatures under every post, as long as its under a certain file size and how big the picture is, and an avatar under your profile name, as long its under a certain file size and how big the picture is etc..??
Old 16 November 2007, 09:47 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Personally I cant stand the images in signatures, or avatars

The avatars aren't quite as bad, but the sites I go to that have images in the sigs I tend to shut them down straight away and find an alternate site for information, they really do make it so hard to read what is being said
Old 17 November 2007, 10:57 AM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

avfc

Some of our premium memberships allow for signatures but not images. We are thinking about introducing them, but they would be optional, meaning people would have to actively switch them on before they would be viewable.

Cheers

Simon
Old 20 November 2007, 05:17 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

webby, possibly keeping signatures/avatars to a small thin image?

i personally like the idea of just keeping the scooby things on the left and a signature for blue and orange members - but i would say that
Old 21 November 2007, 11:31 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Hate the idea, one of the best things about this BBS is that its not littered with Avatars and stupid Sigs....
Old 23 November 2007, 07:09 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Avatars, if kept to a minimal size aren't too bad, plus if there is the option to hide them, all the better.

Graphical signatures, sorry, but I have to say I don't like them. There are quite a few forums I visit that allow them and you really do notice page load times being hit as they load. It's also distracting on the eyes. I've seen threads where there are one line replies from many people who all have image sigs and it's quite hard to follow the thread as you have one reply, a large sig, another reply another sig and so on.

There is the ability to have a proper sig and/or use the "mood" option within the plus profile, and I think that these are more than adequate, I don't really see why you'd want a graphical sig over a text one.

There is also another factor that someone would need to keep an eye on graphical sigs (and avatars if they were allowed) as no doubt some bright spark will pop one up that contains something offensive.