Notices
Bugs / Feature Requests Archive This is a read only forum containing old policy topics.

Bug hunt...

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2007, 08:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug hunt...

A few bugaroos for you to ponder webby...

Bug 1 the post new thread window, still insists on being central, not to bad, but due to the layout of the smilies, you have to scroll down some way to get the submit button..

cant you move the smilies under the text box, or laythem out better, so the post preview buttons / icons etc are on the same screen size

Bug2 if you edit a post..... the refreah symbol goes into action ,(takes absolute ages) stops and nothing happens.... no auto screen refresh, you have to manually force a screen refresh... using the browser refresh button...

Bug 3 where has copy and paste gone??? i went to copy and paste (right click) a fairly complex line of code within the thread window, and theres no option to cut and paste... and thats a real pita.. and now it wont let me cut and paste from external applications either.. (petulant mode on) how the hell am i supposed to enter the photo comp, when i cant get my links to work? (petulant mode off)

Mart
Old 31 January 2007, 08:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two more as well....

when you go to post a new thread, it takes some time before your cursor appear for you to start typing.. it shimmers as though it executing code in the background, before appearing as a solid

bug two, when you post a new thread, and click save, and you you get taken back to the main page, your thread is not there, you have to get the browser to force a page refresh, before it appears.

Mart
Old 31 January 2007, 08:13 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

1. you use the smilies buttons more than you use the submit and preview post buttons, so on the right is better IMO.

2. i think this is still a bug, as only the advanced edit works right now

3. dunno about that one, copy and paste works for me and I am on a mac running safari...how dare I !!!!!
Old 31 January 2007, 10:25 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. will look at when major bugs are solved.

2. the edit DOES WORK.. it just looks like it hasn't. This will be solved, but as it is only a cosmetic thing, and only when editing a post, this is lower priority currently.

3. Copy and paste is handled by your computer, so we can't do anything to enable or dissable that I'm afraid.

4. This is an issue with your local set up. The thread will definitely be there, but your browser is not requesting the latest version, or your isp is not providing it.