Prodrive P1 Lowering Springs - Rare Purchase opportunity. - Page 19 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum



Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

Prodrive P1 Lowering Springs - Rare Purchase opportunity.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20 January 2017, 05:55 PM   #541
baka
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Annecy
Posts: 2
Default

Hello everyboy!

Very interesting this post!! Nice job!! one more frenchy interested by your lowering spring

2pot the Group Buys is always open? I am interested by the kit P11L

top mount shock you advise what?OEM...STI GrN...Whiteline...other?

Thanks!
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 11:47 PM   #542
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Bonjour!

40 P11L spring sets left

KYB excel-g
KYB agx
Koni inserts
Subaru inverted STI

Road use:
Whiteline KCA335 front top mounts.
Subaru 20370AA240 STI/RA rear top mount: http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info.asp?id=5930

2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 08:54 AM   #543
baka
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Annecy
Posts: 2
Default

thank you very much 2pot for your advice


I'll take this for my KYB agx It will be a good setup for the road

My GC8 will love


mp for the payment and sends?
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2017, 12:42 PM   #544
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Obviously, I'm a bit biased when it comes to black wagons. But, here's one:
WR15R/T with AGX
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2017, 01:18 PM   #545
TurboMaup
Scooby Newbie
 
TurboMaup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: France
Posts: 9
Default

I will post a pic when I have finished mounting my WR15R/T on my AGX
Rear done, front to follow... waiting for my front top mounts, on their way.
TurboMaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2017, 06:28 PM   #546
awdftw
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pot View Post
Thanks for your understanding as to just how difficult the whole process is.

The P11L rear spring rate is 27.5N/mm, same as the original P1 springs.

You will not need a saggy butt spacer.

250 inc delivery to France.

I do have bump stop sets for inverted dampers.

When you had your Ohlins rebuilt, do you know what bump stops were installed?

Hi 2pot, what are the front rates for the p11L? what are the spring rate for the wrt15? I'm debating on selling my still in box p11l for a set.

NVM found the wrt15 rates post 443. 40N/mm front, 35N/mm rear

Last edited by awdftw; 24 January 2017 at 06:34 PM.
awdftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2017, 09:22 PM   #547
Yann
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Nice - Fr
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pot View Post
Obviously, I'm a bit biased when it comes to black wagons. But, here's one:
...
WR15R/T with AGX
What a nice Wagon !!! would like to have this body cosmetic condition...
genuine sti, or upgrade ?
Yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2017, 09:55 PM   #548
supshon
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yann View Post
What a nice Wagon !!! would like to have this body cosmetic condition...
genuine sti, or upgrade ?
Thank you, much appreciated , the car is a wrx wagon with upgrades , since fitting the wr15r/t springs, i am enjoying driving her so much just brilliant in every way
supshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 09:56 PM   #549
andymcf05
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 133
Default

are these for the P1 that fit the red kyb dampers?

thanks
andymcf05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2017, 10:11 PM   #550
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Of the new dampers, currently available:-

P11L fit:
KYB excel-g
KYB agx
Koni inserts
Subaru/KYB red (850 new, with updated bump stops)

WR15R/T fit:
KYB agx
Koni inserts
Subaru/KYB red

Last edited by 2pot; 28 January 2017 at 10:40 PM.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 February 2017, 06:04 PM   #551
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default


For those that asked, a side-on shot of supshon's wagon

Last edited by 2pot; 05 February 2017 at 06:06 PM.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 February 2017, 10:03 PM   #552
andymcf05
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pot View Post
Of the new dampers, currently available:-

P11L fit:
KYB excel-g
KYB agx
Koni inserts
Subaru/KYB red (850 new, with updated bump stops)

WR15R/T fit:
KYB agx
Koni inserts
Subaru/KYB red
hi

i'm kind of lost with all the codes etc on the thread. excuse my lack of knowledge! i am restoring a P1 to standard form. i want to run the original red inverted subaru kyb struts and standard p1 springs.

i need a set of springs, bump stops and dust covers to suit these struts.

how much are the spring set and for the covers etc.

thanks in advance

andy

Last edited by andymcf05; 05 February 2017 at 10:09 PM.
andymcf05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 February 2017, 10:50 AM   #553
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcf05 View Post
hi

i'm kind of lost with all the codes etc on the thread. excuse my lack of knowledge! i am restoring a P1 to standard form. i want to run the original red inverted subaru kyb struts and standard p1 springs.

i need a set of springs, bump stops and dust covers to suit these struts.

how much are the spring set and for the covers etc.

thanks in advance

andy
Hopefully, this will help.

The P11L springs are 6mm lower, at the front, than the P1 springs:


P11L + new Subaru inverted struts with updated bump stops.

The updated internal bump stops for the P11L springs with the red inverted struts are 50.

P11L springs + updated bump stops for inverted Subaru struts - 285 delivered.

The dust boots I do are for non-inverted struts

The red inverted struts use standard front and rear dust covers. They push over the metal bulge at the top of the inverted struts.
FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER BOOT (SUBARU 20322-AA000) Febest: SBSHB-B10F
Rear boot:
20372-AA031
I know you don't need the rear bump stops in the kit below. But, it still might work out cheaper, than buying the rear boots separately?
Subaru Impreza 92-00 Rear Shock Absorber Dust Boot & Bump Stop Kit
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2017, 04:33 PM   #554
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMaup View Post
I will post a pic when I have finished mounting my WR15R/T on my AGX
Rear done, front to follow... waiting for my front top mounts, on their way.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2017, 12:31 AM   #555
pa_bloo
Scooby Newbie
 
pa_bloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Poland
Posts: 1
Default

Hello everyone!

2pot:
I would like to buy Eibach P11L springs, bump stops for my GC8. I am currently use V6 inverted Subaru struts.
Do I have to change internal bumps stops if I use P11L?

According to previous post, price for P11L springs and bump stops will be something around 285. What about shipping to Poland?

Thanks
pa_bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2017, 01:21 PM   #556
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_bloo View Post
Hello everyone!

2pot:
I would like to buy Eibach P11L springs, bump stops for my GC8. I am currently use V6 inverted Subaru struts.
Do I have to change internal bumps stops if I use P11L?

According to previous post, price for P11L springs and bump stops will be something around 285. What about shipping to Poland?

Thanks
You have email
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 April 2017, 11:59 AM   #557
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default


P11L + agx + 215/45 17
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2017, 09:01 PM   #558
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (50)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: gone to typeRA
Posts: 12,350
Default

2pot, is the ride height different between AGX and ExcelG if both using the P11L ??
MattyB1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2017, 09:54 AM   #559
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

They're the same.

The 215/45 17 close the arch gap by 7mm, compared to 205/50 16.
On P11L's, fuel load (full to empty) makes a 10mm rear difference.
If you're still fixed on 18's, 215/40 18 would close the arch gap by 9mm, compared to 205/50 16

Last edited by 2pot; 07 April 2017 at 11:13 AM.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2017, 01:52 PM   #560
kotsikos
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Athens-Greece
Posts: 1
Default

Hello everyone,

very interesting topic and a lot of useful information.
2pot ,
i have sent a pm , thanks
kotsikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2017, 03:02 PM   #561
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default


P11L + agx

All those using the P11L + agx combination are, so far, setting at 2/3, 2/4 and 3/5 - interesting variation.

Last edited by 2pot; 18 April 2017 at 09:04 AM.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 12:06 PM   #562
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 04:59 PM   #563
nikon-man
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
nikon-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: swindon
Posts: 864
Default

delete if this post is not allowed....

I have a set of prodrive lowering springs that fit a WRX hatch.... perfect condition...

pm me for more details and pics...

as I said delete if not allowed
nikon-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2017, 12:10 PM   #564
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

It's not side-on, but it is pretty
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2017, 05:22 AM   #565
kalassynikoff
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UTAH
Posts: 11
Default



Ok guys. I have been running these for a while. (P11L,AGX)

Let me give you some background on my car.
Impreza L
2.2 engine right now no turbo.
6 speed sti transmission
Widebody (sti control arms and lats)
I run 48 offset 7.5 inch wheels with 10 mm spacers for more width.

My roads in UT suck. For this reason I asked 2pot to send me some softer bump stops which I run up front. These have been much better as far as quality of ride but 2pot was worried I might get some rub from it. I rub a little if another person is in the car and I go through a gutter but i measured pretty well on my flares and I don't seem to rub as bad as we would have thought.

I am thinking of using some com c mounts to change my SAI as the widebody has messed it up a bit. I think this will help the suspension out a bit.

I run 2/4 on the agxs and I swap them out for new ones once a year.

I have a 20mm bar up front and a 19mm in the rear. Handling is pretty good but I think I need some more camber.
kalassynikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2017, 11:57 AM   #566
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

It's an interesting circle you're trying to square.

Most people would have used coilovers and stopped the suspension working - to stop the rubbing. "Any suspension will work, if you don't let it" (Colin Champman). So kudos to you, for trying another way. I know your previous springs were too stiff, for your particular roads.

It's an issue that comes up more in the US - using a wider tyre than 215, and using a wider track. Are your tyres 235/45 17?

Having seen your alignment, I would use the Whiteline front top mounts, to gain some more front camber.

I know the 30mm stiff bump stops act like a switch, on your rough roads, rather than being progressive and the 40mm, soft, bump stops allow rubbing, with your tyre/suspension set-up (even with the 10mm solid clip-on spacer?).

I do have an intermediate 40mm front bump stop, with a soft engagement (Must use the oem front dust boots). Maybe you could try those, when you change to the Whiteline top mounts?

Let me know.

225/45 17 (see below) does work with the 30mm stiff front bump stops and P11L+agx: no rubbing. But, the roads are obviously not as rough as yours and the track is not as wide. Some tyre manufacturers 225mm, measure 215mm.


Last edited by 2pot; 01 May 2017 at 12:09 PM.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 June 2017, 07:48 PM   #567
TurboMaup
Scooby Newbie
 
TurboMaup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: France
Posts: 9
Default

Time for a general feedback from me.
I bought a set of WR15R/T last winter, so it's been a few months of use now, including 2 trackdays.
I also got the new bumpstops, and use these springs on Kayaba AGX dampers.

I bought Whiteline KCA335 front top mounts, that are supposed to give extra camber (lol nope) and extra caster (yes, a lot). The orientation of these mounts is designed to work best on newer WRX or STI, where the 3 holes for the top mount bolts have a different orientation than on a GC8. The result on a GC8 is a strut than leans a lot towards the back of the car (caster increase), but bearly not towards the inside of the car (so almost no negative camber increase). That is a bit disappointing.



I also bought a Whiteline KCA319A anti-lift kit. I'm still wondering what this is useful for. Appart from having the front dive under braking, which is disturbing, I didn't really notice any change. I'm planning to take it off and see if I notice any regression in handling. I know you didn't recommend this upgrade, Mark.

Now for the springs themselves. The excitement from having brand new parts and stuff is now gone, and I can think clearly. I'm not sure I like them. At least, I don't think I like them with AGX dampers. They feel way too hard on the road, the ride quality went too bad in my opinion, compared to the Pro Kit I had before on the same dampers, that were super smooth. On the track, they do a bit better and reduce bodyroll a bit. The car tends to understeer more than before now, because the front/rear stiffness ratio is way different than the one from the Pro Kit (which had more stiffness to the rear) : less fun, even with a 8/8 AGX setting at the rear. I'm going to try to add clip-on bump stops at the rear. In my opinion, the loss in ride quality is not worth the results on the track as it is. It's very frustrating how these 4kg springs are too stiff for the road and just okay for the track in my current setup, while Bilstein B16 coilovers have 7kg springs and work wonders on the road. Is the damping from the AGX that bad for WR15R/T?

I'm a bit lost right now. Wondering what I'm going to do next. Not rushing it, trying to think of my options to be satisfied :
- get new quality dampers (B8?) to try to make these springs work as I wish they would
- crack a lot of money and get B16 PSS9
- got back to the Pro Kit springs and add bigger sway bars, which wouldn't be worse in ride quality

Or am I just missing something out?
TurboMaup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 June 2017, 07:58 PM   #568
kalassynikoff
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UTAH
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pot View Post
It's an interesting circle you're trying to square.

Most people would have used coilovers and stopped the suspension working - to stop the rubbing. "Any suspension will work, if you don't let it" (Colin Champman). So kudos to you, for trying another way. I know your previous springs were too stiff, for your particular roads.

It's an issue that comes up more in the US - using a wider tyre than 215, and using a wider track. Are your tyres 235/45 17?

Having seen your alignment, I would use the Whiteline front top mounts, to gain some more front camber.

I know the 30mm stiff bump stops act like a switch, on your rough roads, rather than being progressive and the 40mm, soft, bump stops allow rubbing, with your tyre/suspension set-up (even with the 10mm solid clip-on spacer?).

I do have an intermediate 40mm front bump stop, with a soft engagement (Must use the oem front dust boots). Maybe you could try those, when you change to the Whiteline top mounts?

Let me know.

225/45 17 (see below) does work with the 30mm stiff front bump stops and P11L+agx: no rubbing. But, the roads are obviously not as rough as yours and the track is not as wide. Some tyre manufacturers 225mm, measure 215mm.

Rubbing is not a problem for me anymore. I have my flares almost perfect. I had to settle on the height I did because of rust that was being cut and the overall amount of travel i need.

I run 245 tires with a 10 mm spacer.

What is the difference between the one you gave me and the ones you are talking about?

Honestly I have the money to go for a coil over, but I have never ridden in a car that had comfortable coils. I would love the adjustability but im still on the fence. Your springs are pretty damn good. The only time they really suffer is when I am going 20 and below. At higher speeds the ride isnt a problem.
kalassynikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 June 2017, 11:36 AM   #569
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalassynikoff View Post
Rubbing is not a problem for me anymore. I have my flares almost perfect. I had to settle on the height I did because of rust that was being cut and the overall amount of travel i need.

I run 245 tires with a 10 mm spacer.

What is the difference between the one you gave me and the ones you are talking about?

Honestly I have the money to go for a coil over, but I have never ridden in a car that had comfortable coils. I would love the adjustability but im still on the fence. Your springs are pretty damn good. The only time they really suffer is when I am going 20 and below. At higher speeds the ride isnt a problem.
If there's no rubbing, stick with the softer front bump stops I sent.
I agree about the coilovers - on uneven/poor roads I wouldn't bother.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 June 2017, 10:17 AM   #570
2pot
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
2pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMaup View Post
Time for a general feedback from me.
I bought a set of WR15R/T last winter, so it's been a few months of use now, including 2 trackdays.
I also got the new bumpstops, and use these springs on Kayaba AGX dampers.

I bought Whiteline KCA335 front top mounts, that are supposed to give extra camber (lol nope) and extra caster (yes, a lot). The orientation of these mounts is designed to work best on newer WRX or STI, where the 3 holes for the top mount bolts have a different orientation than on a GC8. The result on a GC8 is a strut than leans a lot towards the back of the car (caster increase), but bearly not towards the inside of the car (so almost no negative camber increase). That is a bit disappointing.



I also bought a Whiteline KCA319A anti-lift kit. I'm still wondering what this is useful for. Appart from having the front dive under braking, which is disturbing, I didn't really notice any change. I'm planning to take it off and see if I notice any regression in handling. I know you didn't recommend this upgrade, Mark.

Now for the springs themselves. The excitement from having brand new parts and stuff is now gone, and I can think clearly. I'm not sure I like them. At least, I don't think I like them with AGX dampers. They feel way too hard on the road, the ride quality went too bad in my opinion, compared to the Pro Kit I had before on the same dampers, that were super smooth. On the track, they do a bit better and reduce bodyroll a bit. The car tends to understeer more than before now, because the front/rear stiffness ratio is way different than the one from the Pro Kit (which had more stiffness to the rear) : less fun, even with a 8/8 AGX setting at the rear. I'm going to try to add clip-on bump stops at the rear. In my opinion, the loss in ride quality is not worth the results on the track as it is. It's very frustrating how these 4kg springs are too stiff for the road and just okay for the track in my current setup, while Bilstein B16 coilovers have 7kg springs and work wonders on the road. Is the damping from the AGX that bad for WR15R/T?

I'm a bit lost right now. Wondering what I'm going to do next. Not rushing it, trying to think of my options to be satisfied :
- get new quality dampers (B8?) to try to make these springs work as I wish they would
- crack a lot of money and get B16 PSS9
- got back to the Pro Kit springs and add bigger sway bars, which wouldn't be worse in ride quality

Or am I just missing something out?
The agx dampers match the wr15 springs - I put the agx on a dyno to check the curve.
Most people using the wr15 springs use the agx. Some use the Subaru inverted struts and the Koni inserts (also checked on a dyno).

I'm curious why you're experiencing so much roll? Below are wr15 + kyb sr special - not adjustable and less stiff than agx with 19mm front bar, 20mm rear bar. How does your roll angle compare?:


What are your caster, camber and toe settings?

Did you find any failed struts, when you swapped to the wr15 springs?

The clips are a good idea.

We could change to a softer front bump stop, might suit you better - you'd be the first to use them on the wr15.

We could also change to a 22mm adjustable rear bar, but that's not ideal on uneven roads.

I do have sets of the Subaru inverted struts, with updated bump stops already fitted.
2pot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
+++BREAKING 07 HAWKEYE STI SPEC D, TEAM DYNAMICS, TEIN, S/S EXHAUTS, VF43, BREMBOS+++ [email protected] Full Cars Breaking For Spares 46 08 July 2017 12:44 AM
54 plate widetrack Impreza wrx sti type uk Belly07 Subaru 2 12 November 2015 03:46 PM
HAWKEYE STI WR BLUE BREAKING(DCCD 6 SPD/PRODRIVE ALLOYS/VF43/BREMBOS ECT) [email protected] Developments Full Cars Breaking For Spares 20 22 October 2015 06:12 AM
Subaru impreza newage c frame lower subframe MH-Racing Subaru Parts 3 15 October 2015 11:55 PM


Tags
forsale, gc8, impreza, lowering, p1, prodrive, sale, scoobynet, springs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52 PM.