MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!! - Page 6 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Community > Member's Gallery
Reload this Page >

MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Old 01 October 2014, 10:36 AM
  #151  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

The fuel flap issue can be fixed at any dealer under warranty with a new part. The plastic piece that sits inside the flap. Get that done to.
bioforger is offline  
Old 03 October 2014, 02:52 PM
  #152  
rig-pig
Scooby Regular
 
rig-pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: angus/north sea
Posts: 38
Default

performance creations are making mud flaps just now if anyone is interested, i have one of the first sets from them, im taking pics during the fitting process so they can make up fitting instructions.

i have an HT Auto splitter kit in the garage, a Pro-R air filter in the post and a Nameless performance exhaust getting built just now, as well as the mud flaps from performance creations

hope to clear some space in the garage and get the flaps and splitters fitted tomorrow out of the rain




Last edited by rig-pig; 03 October 2014 at 02:56 PM.
rig-pig is offline  
Old 03 October 2014, 06:33 PM
  #153  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by rig-pig View Post
performance creations are making mud flaps just now if anyone is interested, i have one of the first sets from them, im taking pics during the fitting process so they can make up fitting instructions.

i have an HT Auto splitter kit in the garage, a Pro-R air filter in the post and a Nameless performance exhaust getting built just now, as well as the mud flaps from performance creations

hope to clear some space in the garage and get the flaps and splitters fitted tomorrow out of the rain
Will the flaps be as good as the Rally Armour ones we use to fit on the previous model and now available in the UK? How much?

Last edited by NormantheDog; 04 October 2014 at 03:07 PM.
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 03 October 2014, 07:25 PM
  #154  
rig-pig
Scooby Regular
 
rig-pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: angus/north sea
Posts: 38
Default

i'v run with performance creations (rally flapz) on a lot of my scoobs over the years with no probs and a spot on fit, im not sure on the price as this is the 1st set to fit so they can get pics to go with the fitting instructions so got them at cost of manufacture

will post some pics and let you know how easy they were to fit and how good a fit they are, sun looks to be the dry day here

Last edited by rig-pig; 03 October 2014 at 07:26 PM.
rig-pig is offline  
Old 05 October 2014, 05:03 PM
  #155  
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
jazzyjembreaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newcastle upon tyne
Posts: 2,731
Default

jazzyjembreaze is offline  
Old 06 October 2014, 11:08 PM
  #156  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
The fuel flap issue can be fixed at any dealer under warranty with a new part. The plastic piece that sits inside the flap. Get that done to.
Lucky today, managed to receive assistance from a kindly motorist whilst attempting to put fuel in. It did'nt stop any of the embarrassment or ridicule from the majority of onlookers though. Oh the shame
andijones is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 10:11 AM
  #157  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
Lucky today, managed to receive assistance from a kindly motorist whilst attempting to put fuel in. It did'nt stop any of the embarrassment or ridicule from the majority of onlookers though. Oh the shame
It's a pain in the **** isn't it, i stuck a jumper in there to keep the lever up, then i could open the flap
bioforger is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 10:58 AM
  #158  
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
jazzyjembreaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newcastle upon tyne
Posts: 2,731
Default

jazzyjembreaze is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 11:59 AM
  #159  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

yea thats pretty much what i did I cant believe this simple thing was missed when they tested the car, did it happen on MY11's ?
bioforger is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 12:48 PM
  #160  
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
jazzyjembreaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newcastle upon tyne
Posts: 2,731
Default

Looks like it's miss fitment of the spring behind the door arm , it may be twisted
jazzyjembreaze is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 01:13 PM
  #161  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
It's a pain in the **** isn't it, i stuck a jumper in there to keep the lever up, then i could open the flap
A novelty at first, I even said it's an added safety feature

Trouble is on the horizon as once my patience has gone, it's gone.

andijones is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 02:23 PM
  #162  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze View Post
Looks like it's miss fitment of the spring behind the door arm , it may be twisted
nah the spring works fine, its the plastic tab it pushes on which releases the flap, it isn't long enough! The TSB from a dealer is to replace the plastic part which houses the tab the spring pushes against.
bioforger is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 07:31 PM
  #163  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Are these like the previous models and best avoiding 19's? Has anyone tried them yet?
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 08:08 PM
  #164  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
Are these like the previous models and best avoiding 19's? Has anyone tried them yet?
Had 19's on my previous blob and the ride was atrocious. I wouldn't bother.
bioforger is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 08:23 PM
  #165  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Had 19's on my previous blob and the ride was atrocious. I wouldn't bother.
Fill the arches so much better though!
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 07 October 2014, 11:14 PM
  #166  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
Fill the arches so much better though!
True, but function over form for me. If you want to fill those arches, it would be better to get a spring kit and lower it, rather than stick 19's on it imo.
bioforger is offline  
Old 08 October 2014, 03:20 PM
  #167  
rig-pig
Scooby Regular
 
rig-pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: angus/north sea
Posts: 38
Default

performance creations flaps now fitted



rig-pig is offline  
Old 14 October 2014, 11:02 PM
  #168  
togsy86
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: wirral
Posts: 42
Default

Here's another one of the 250 picked it up last week...my first scooby



togsy86 is offline  
Old 14 October 2014, 11:11 PM
  #169  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Nice Togsy a great way to start scooby ownership
bioforger is offline  
Old 14 October 2014, 11:15 PM
  #170  
togsy86
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: wirral
Posts: 42
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Nice Togsy a great way to start scooby ownership
Cheers bio

After only 300 miles I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner!

On another note any ideas how long I should wait until the engine is 'bedded in' before properly giving it the beans?
togsy86 is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 12:19 AM
  #171  
XDevil666
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: leeds
Posts: 1,260
Default

Originally Posted by togsy86 View Post
Here's another one of the 250 picked it up last week...my first scooby




Stunning
XDevil666 is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 12:52 AM
  #172  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by togsy86 View Post
Cheers bio

After only 300 miles I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner!

On another note any ideas how long I should wait until the engine is 'bedded in' before properly giving it the beans?
1K is advisable and put the engine under different loads. Keep it under 4.5-5Krpm, but i wouldn't worry about it too much.
bioforger is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 01:09 AM
  #173  
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular
 
thenewgalaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancuntshire
Posts: 3,285
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
1K is advisable and put the engine under different loads. Keep it under 4.5-5Krpm, but i wouldn't worry about it too much.
It'll blow up anyway
thenewgalaxy is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 07:50 AM
  #174  
togsy86
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: wirral
Posts: 42
Default

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy View Post
It'll blow up anyway
Haha nice1 i was waiting for the first one of those!

Its under warranty so im not too concerned if im honest....plus it wouldnt be the first engine ive blew up
togsy86 is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 10:42 AM
  #175  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by togsy86 View Post
Haha nice1 i was waiting for the first one of those!

Its under warranty so im not too concerned if im honest....plus it wouldnt be the first engine ive blew up
Ignore the d1ckhead he had a 2.5 that blew up on him before, so he's bitter and demented And now he drives a Mazda, enough said
bioforger is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 11:55 AM
  #176  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by togsy86 View Post
Here's another one of the 250 picked it up last week...my first scooby



Nice mate ! I'd love to see at least another one at a meet or two
andijones is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 12:56 PM
  #177  
togsy86
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: wirral
Posts: 42
Default

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
Nice mate ! I'd love to see at least another one at a meet or two
Thanks mate. Im going to start going to a few meets so might see you around! Havent seen another one on the road yet
togsy86 is offline  
Old 17 October 2014, 07:19 PM
  #178  
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular
 
thenewgalaxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancuntshire
Posts: 3,285
Default

Originally Posted by togsy86 View Post
Haha nice1 i was waiting for the first one of those!

Its under warranty so im not too concerned if im honest....plus it wouldnt be the first engine ive blew up
Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Ignore the d1ckhead he had a 2.5 that blew up on him before, so he's bitter and demented And now he drives a Mazda, enough said
Yeah I had a 2.5 that shat itself, along with many other people. The one in my current car has been assembled properly so I don't worry about it.

Joking aside, the new engines will be fine if the clearances have been sorted and these ceramic pistons are up to the job.
thenewgalaxy is offline  
Old 18 October 2014, 10:56 PM
  #179  
karloswrxsti
Scooby Regular
 
karloswrxsti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: northampton
Posts: 30
Default

Just got mine today after waiting 6 weeks.
karloswrxsti is offline  
Old 25 October 2014, 09:26 PM
  #180  
s77ppp
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1
Default

after selling my 330s a year ago, i am missing it a little.

are there any deals around on the my15 models at the mo?

Carlos
s77ppp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.