MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!! - Page 5 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Community > Member's Gallery
Reload this Page >

MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Old 11 September 2014, 05:25 PM
  #121  
fat-thomas
BANNED
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fawor's car wash
Posts: 4,258
Default

Originally Posted by fawor View Post
You wouldn't see it in EU and after 2020 with euro 7 norm You wouldn't see any ,(even 2.5 crap )new sti in EU
Unless You vote against EU in 2017, that could kick fat-thomas back to Romania
Another illegible immigrant post,reason enough to vote to leave the e.u.
fat-thomas is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 05:32 PM
  #122  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
John has told me Subaru have resolved the issue but he is trying to see what they offer those that have 'suffered'
If I was you I would contact parts and when they ask for payment tell them to speak to John as he will sort it out later but you are right he is well snowed under at the moment!
Yes i got an email from him today to that effect. But i resolved it by simply placing 2 pieces of sticky back felt where the boot bump stops touch the inside of the boot So waiting to see what Subaru offer as a fix. I know it will probably be the BRZ bump stops and a different weather strip, that wont fix the chipped paint though Fortunately on mine its not very noticeable and just 2 tiny chips.

Last edited by bioforger; 11 September 2014 at 05:34 PM.
bioforger is offline  
Old 14 September 2014, 08:44 PM
  #123  
Martyn19
Scooby Regular
 
Martyn19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Yes i got an email from him today to that effect. But i resolved it by simply placing 2 pieces of sticky back felt where the boot bump stops touch the inside of the boot So waiting to see what Subaru offer as a fix. I know it will probably be the BRZ bump stops and a different weather strip, that wont fix the chipped paint though Fortunately on mine its not very noticeable and just 2 tiny chips.
Where do they chip exactly? Did hear they chip slightly.

Also heard the fuel flaps have a problem opening sometimes.
Martyn19 is offline  
Old 14 September 2014, 09:09 PM
  #124  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by Martyn19 View Post
Where do they chip exactly? Did hear they chip slightly.

Also heard the fuel flaps have a problem opening sometimes.
It can happen on the horizontal edge of the boot lid where it sits opposite the rear quarter or down the vertical edge. Some have been unlucky enough to get it in both places on both sides of the bootlid. Yea i heard that about the flap as well, but mines been fine.

Mine as an example;
bioforger is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 10:12 AM
  #125  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Martyn19 View Post
Where do they chip exactly? Did hear they chip slightly.

Also heard the fuel flaps have a problem opening sometimes.
Jesus ! Thought it was just my ineptitude??? Yes the fuel flap is similar to Arkwrights till (Open All Hours) as you sneak up on it, approaching from the blind side, and the very second you're in touching distance it pings ****king shut

The embarrassment was immense so snuck off home to practice & develop a technique.

Its odd as within 10 mins of picking it up back in May i stopped filled up no probs. I've got the knack now plenty of practice

Nice run out Saturday in The Peaks, Edale thanks.
andijones is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 12:20 PM
  #126  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

This vid sums up the chip issue pretty well. It WILL happen eventually. So prevent it now, before it does. The only good thing about all this is it proves that the wing is producing a decent amount of downforce at speed

bioforger is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 01:56 PM
  #127  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

To be fair I had the same flap issue on my last hatch '61' plate thought they would have resolved this one by now. So apart from the flap and the boot issue which I understand is being sorted by Subaru no other issues to report?
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 02:20 PM
  #128  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
To be fair I had the same flap issue on my last hatch '61' plate thought they would have resolved this one by now. So apart from the flap and the boot issue which I understand is being sorted by Subaru no other issues to report?
Nope can't fault it otherwise, the seats could be a bit more supportive, but i like them, some don't.
bioforger is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 07:14 PM
  #129  
Martyn19
Scooby Regular
 
Martyn19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
Jesus ! Thought it was just my ineptitude??? Yes the fuel flap is similar to Arkwrights till (Open All Hours) as you sneak up on it, approaching from the blind side, and the very second you're in touching distance it pings ****king shut

The embarrassment was immense so snuck off home to practice & develop a technique.

Its odd as within 10 mins of picking it up back in May i stopped filled up no probs. I've got the knack now plenty of practice

Nice run out Saturday in The Peaks, Edale thanks.
I was told mine had been modified before i collected it so it shouldn't go wrong when i have it . Mine came with a full tank and still has 3 quarters so yet to fill up

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
This vid sums up the chip issue pretty well. It WILL happen eventually. So prevent it now, before it does. The only good thing about all this is it proves that the wing is producing a decent amount of downforce at speed
That's pretty bad. What's the fix for this and what's Subaru doing about yours?
Martyn19 is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 07:16 PM
  #130  
Martyn19
Scooby Regular
 
Martyn19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Nope can't fault it otherwise, the seats could be a bit more supportive, but i like them, some don't.
Could defiantly be more supportive! Nowhere near as supportive as the recaro's in the last style saloons
Martyn19 is offline  
Old 15 September 2014, 07:53 PM
  #131  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by Martyn19 View Post
I was told mine had been modified before i collected it so it shouldn't go wrong when i have it . Mine came with a full tank and still has 3 quarters so yet to fill up



That's pretty bad. What's the fix for this and what's Subaru doing about yours?
Like i said BRZ bump stops and a different weather strip. Or as I have done 2 pieces of sticky backed felt stops the bootlid moving about. Still waiting on the dealer for what Subaru will do. I would expect them to get a decent bodyshop to paint the chipped area at least.
bioforger is offline  
Old 18 September 2014, 09:18 PM
  #132  
Smiler-Wrx
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 186
Default

Off Pro-R Facebook page Someone says its a photoshop


Smiler-Wrx is offline  
Old 19 September 2014, 08:01 PM
  #133  
Subaru Collector 555
Scooby Regular
 
Subaru Collector 555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South East
Posts: 617
Post

Originally Posted by Smiler-Wrx View Post
Off Pro-R Facebook page Someone says its a photoshop


That does look nice and aggressive IMO...soon ABW or HT Autos will be making a replica

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Subaru Collector 555 is offline  
Old 20 September 2014, 01:33 PM
  #134  
HT_Autos
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyde Manchester
Posts: 1,364
Default

We have had a customer in the States modify our 2011-14 STi WRX Flared arches to fit 2015. Looks pretty good, what do you think?








Mark @ HTAutos

This is NOT a Photoshop ;-)

Last edited by HT_Autos; 20 September 2014 at 01:34 PM.
HT_Autos is offline  
Old 20 September 2014, 01:48 PM
  #135  
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,021
Default

Good choice on the wheels, those Cosmis are the nuts, exactly what is going on mine in the next few weeks
JGlanzaV is offline  
Old 20 September 2014, 09:41 PM
  #136  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Smiler-Wrx View Post
Off Pro-R Facebook page Someone says its a photoshop


D.T.M. esque.
andijones is offline  
Old 20 September 2014, 10:57 PM
  #137  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Subaru Collector 555 View Post
That does look nice and aggressive IMO...soon ABW or HT Autos will be making a replica

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
That was quick..
andijones is offline  
Old 20 September 2014, 11:42 PM
  #138  
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular
 
RS_Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wakefield
Posts: 5,174
Default

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy View Post
I'm not an XXR **** but I do think those new saloons would look better with a nice set of 19s on.

Definitely looks better lowered a bit.
I like the car but I think the arches need cutting higher to avoid a certain Lexus look.
RS_Matt is offline  
Old 21 September 2014, 08:48 AM
  #139  
Subaru Collector 555
Scooby Regular
 
Subaru Collector 555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South East
Posts: 617
Post

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
That was quick..
What do you mean?

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Subaru Collector 555 is offline  
Old 21 September 2014, 04:38 PM
  #140  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Subaru Collector 555 View Post
What do you mean?

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
It was the pic order, The white one, then the blue one stateside with the adapted Ht auto arches.
A comment was made that they'd soon be replicated in between.

Thought they'd been quick off the mark, that's all.
andijones is offline  
Old 21 September 2014, 05:00 PM
  #141  
Subaru Collector 555
Scooby Regular
 
Subaru Collector 555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South East
Posts: 617
Post

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
It was the pic order, The white one, then the blue one stateside with the adapted Ht auto arches.
A comment was made that they'd soon be replicated in between.

Thought they'd been quick off the mark, that's all.
Oh ok, HT Autos are quite well known for not waiting about when it comes to making ideas reality

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Subaru Collector 555 is offline  
Old 21 September 2014, 08:06 PM
  #142  
Martyn19
Scooby Regular
 
Martyn19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 236
Default

Gave mine a clean today

Does anyone else's feel like the wheels try to spin while reversing on chuckies?





Martyn19 is offline  
Old 23 September 2014, 02:59 PM
  #143  
Mangoletsi Subaru
Former Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Posts: 255
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
This vid sums up the chip issue pretty well. It WILL happen eventually. So prevent it now, before it does. The only good thing about all this is it proves that the wing is producing a decent amount of downforce at speed

Rattle Subaru STi 2015 - YouTube
Had some more WRX STi's delivered the last few days, and pleased to say they have replaced the bump stops, and this is no longer happening, just waiting for the resolution to the cars that are already out there, how they are going to sort them.
Mangoletsi Subaru is offline  
Old 24 September 2014, 12:08 AM
  #144  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by Mangoletsi Subaru View Post
Had some more WRX STi's delivered the last few days, and pleased to say they have replaced the bump stops, and this is no longer happening, just waiting for the resolution to the cars that are already out there, how they are going to sort them.
Good news, just send me the new bump stops and some touch in paint, i would be happy with that
bioforger is offline  
Old 25 September 2014, 03:20 PM
  #145  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

btw be aware that the bump stops alone don't always stop the chipping issue, a different weatherstrip and sometimes realignment of the bootlid's catch are also required.
bioforger is offline  
Old 25 September 2014, 03:39 PM
  #146  
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
jazzyjembreaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Newcastle upon tyne
Posts: 2,731
Default

I don't own a 2015 , however the bump stop issue is related to just about every MY there is in one form or another ... The small rubbers causing the plastic strip to indent , resulting in a rattle & movement of boot .
Now before you all start laughing
I tried loads of diff ways to eradicate this on my Hawk .
Sticking rubber or felt does work to some extent but looks a bit tacky & depending on how often you open your boot it will eventually revert back to rattling etc ...
Here's the funny bit
After trying loads of ways I killed it dead by using
Washing machine tumble lock stops
They stop the tumble moving on new delivery ( plastic locks with rubber grommet & feet .
I removed the rubber , they were a perfect fit to slide over the existing bump stops . Boot shuts firmer , is solid , no rattle , no movement .... Killed it
Regards mic
jazzyjembreaze is offline  
Old 25 September 2014, 04:30 PM
  #147  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze View Post
I don't own a 2015 , however the bump stop issue is related to just about every MY there is in one form or another ... The small rubbers causing the plastic strip to indent , resulting in a rattle & movement of boot .
Now before you all start laughing
I tried loads of diff ways to eradicate this on my Hawk .
Sticking rubber or felt does work to some extent but looks a bit tacky & depending on how often you open your boot it will eventually revert back to rattling etc ...
Here's the funny bit
After trying loads of ways I killed it dead by using
Washing machine tumble lock stops
They stop the tumble moving on new delivery ( plastic locks with rubber grommet & feet .
I removed the rubber , they were a perfect fit to slide over the existing bump stops . Boot shuts firmer , is solid , no rattle , no movement .... Killed it
Regards mic
Good idea The felt does work if you use ones which are thick enough, i.e ones used for furniture/large cabinets, it does make shutting the boot a bit more difficult as you have to slam it shut, but it does the job. I coloured mine black with a permanent marker so they aren't that noticeable

Last edited by bioforger; 25 September 2014 at 04:31 PM.
bioforger is offline  
Old 29 September 2014, 02:47 PM
  #148  
JonDBM
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 131
Default

I'm collecting my grey 2015 STi at the end of this week

Does it come with a tracker? If so, which make?

thanks
JonDBM is offline  
Old 29 September 2014, 03:25 PM
  #149  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Congrats yes it does, mine is from Scorpion Automotive.
bioforger is offline  
Old 29 September 2014, 08:36 PM
  #150  
Martyn19
Scooby Regular
 
Martyn19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Congrats yes it does, mine is from Scorpion Automotive.
So did mine. Works well to as I found out one day
Martyn19 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.