MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!! - Page 4 - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum > Community > Member's Gallery
Reload this Page >

MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Old 08 September 2014, 10:32 PM
  #91  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by HT_Autos View Post
No holes to drill. Positioned it on bottom of bumper and ran the wires through one of the grommits. Just need to remove the inside sill trims to run to dash.


Mark @ HTAutos
That seems low do you have a picture of the camera and the stereo in the dash? Did you need an extra trim around the head unit?
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 09 September 2014, 03:21 PM
  #92  
HT_Autos
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyde Manchester
Posts: 1,364
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
That seems low do you have a picture of the camera and the stereo in the dash? Did you need an extra trim around the head unit?
Hi,


Here's a pic of where camera is now mounted;




This is the picture from the head unit, used the trim from my 2011.






May need to move the camera, as soon will be working on a rear diffuser


Mark @ HTAutos
HT_Autos is online now  
Old 09 September 2014, 03:52 PM
  #93  
Abx
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Abx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kent
Posts: 2,995
Default

The camera fitted by Subaru on my MY11 is in the same position under the bumper.
Abx is offline  
Old 09 September 2014, 04:53 PM
  #94  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by HT_Autos View Post



May need to move the camera, as soon will be working on a rear diffuser


Mark @ HTAutos
Thanks Mark is it prone to getting dirty down there? Where did you decide to fit the DAB aerial?
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 09 September 2014, 06:32 PM
  #95  
HT_Autos
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyde Manchester
Posts: 1,364
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
Thanks Mark is it prone to getting dirty down there? Where did you decide to fit the DAB aerial?
Ariel is stuck to inside top of windscreen.
HT_Autos is online now  
Old 10 September 2014, 08:28 AM
  #96  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Well we've not done very well here have we ? Not many of the 250 on show.

This option 2 you speak of, the 400+ mentioned by John ?

Anyone fancy the peaks run www.subarupeeformance.org
andijones is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 08:49 AM
  #97  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
Well we've not done very well here have we ? Not many of the 250 on show.

This option 2 you speak of, the 400+ mentioned by John ?

Anyone fancy the peaks run www.subarupeeformance.org
No that is option 3 and still being put together.
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 11:20 AM
  #98  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

I shall contact Mr. Burton & request some information.
andijones is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 12:36 PM
  #99  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
I shall contact Mr. Burton & request some information.
Good luck with that, i'm still waiting for some touch up paint requested a month ago
bioforger is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 05:44 PM
  #100  
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (84)
 
BIG FUD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In my own world..
Posts: 7,918
Default

Are the engines in these the same choclate 2.5 ones in the hawk ?

Ps that white one bio looks stunning but like them all tbh.
BIG FUD is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 05:47 PM
  #101  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by BIG FUD View Post
Are the engines in these the same choclate 2.5 ones in the hawk ?

Ps that white one bio looks stunning but like them all tbh.
Cheers FUD

The basic engine design is the same, but there are differences internally, ceramic coating on the ringlands and other internal materials have been refined. And obviously the intercooler has had a complete redesign.
bioforger is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 05:52 PM
  #102  
fat-thomas
BANNED
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fawor's car wash
Posts: 4,258
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Cheers FUD

The basic engine design is the same, but there are differences internally, ceramic coating on the ringlands and other internal materials have been refined. And obviously the intercooler has had a complete redesign.
still unreliable crap, withdrawn form sale in some countries now due to impending law suits
fat-thomas is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 05:57 PM
  #103  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by fat-thomas View Post
still unreliable crap, withdrawn form sale in some countries now due to impending law suits
you live for these posts don't you That's the engine in previous models as you well know you trolling ****, the one in the 2015 is still an unknown quantity.

Last edited by bioforger; 10 September 2014 at 05:58 PM.
bioforger is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 05:59 PM
  #104  
fat-thomas
BANNED
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fawor's car wash
Posts: 4,258
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
That's the engine in previous models as you well know you trolling ****, the one in the 2015 is still an unknown quantity.
no its not its the same bloody crap pistoned turd as the previous one

i see the jdm cars still use the 2.0 though
fat-thomas is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 06:01 PM
  #105  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

How can it be exactly the same when internally changes were made? are you retarded?
bioforger is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 06:04 PM
  #106  
fat-thomas
BANNED
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fawor's car wash
Posts: 4,258
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
How can it be exactly the same when internally changes were made? are you retarded?
no i didnt buy a 2.5

quite honestly i like the look of the new car but the pathetic engine reliability ruins it.
fat-thomas is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 06:11 PM
  #107  
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (84)
 
BIG FUD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In my own world..
Posts: 7,918
Default

I had the beliefs it was the block halfes them selves rather than the internals as i done 4 engines all 2.5 all had up rated everything pistons rods gaskets ect ect but the block always either lifted the heads or twisted the block.

The reason i ask is would love one and use the block to make a great build think one of these with a set up and engine and box in would be amazing
BIG FUD is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 06:29 PM
  #108  
Subaru Collector 555
Scooby Regular
 
Subaru Collector 555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South East
Posts: 617
Post

Originally Posted by fat-thomas View Post
no i didnt buy a 2.5

quite honestly i like the look of the new car but the pathetic engine reliability ruins it.
What about the new STi Type-S which uses the 2.0 Twinscroll setup instead? Which we won't be getting!

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Subaru Collector 555 is offline  
Old 10 September 2014, 07:01 PM
  #109  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by BIG FUD View Post
I had the beliefs it was the block halfes them selves rather than the internals as i done 4 engines all 2.5 all had up rated everything pistons rods gaskets ect ect but the block always either lifted the heads or twisted the block.

The reason i ask is would love one and use the block to make a great build think one of these with a set up and engine and box in would be amazing
Indeed it would make for an awesome roadcar, mine only has 340bhp, but its a quick quick car (well not by your standards probably ) mostly due to the improved handling.
bioforger is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 12:19 AM
  #110  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Good luck with that, i'm still waiting for some touch up paint requested a month ago
Hmm I detect a note of sarcasm

Such a shame the thread started out as pics of a version of a popular motor vehicle but opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one !

I am just the same and I like mine & my previous one as well as other peoples
andijones is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 01:02 AM
  #111  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by andijones View Post
Hmm I detect a note of sarcasm
No frustration John is a busy guy, but when i keep asking and i keep getting the same reply, it becomes a bit of a worry. 1 month to order a touchup stick? cmon
bioforger is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 07:30 AM
  #112  
Don Clark
Scooby Regular
 
Don Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harpenden
Posts: 4,795
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
No frustration John is a busy guy, but when i keep asking and i keep getting the same reply, it becomes a bit of a worry. 1 month to order a touchup stick? cmon
Last time I ordered a touch up stick from my dealers they supplied a bottle/brush combo from a UK auto paint supplier.

I maybe wrong, but i got the feeling IM no longer import the genuine "touchup paint sticks".
Don Clark is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 08:09 AM
  #113  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
No frustration John is a busy guy, but when i keep asking and i keep getting the same reply, it becomes a bit of a worry. 1 month to order a touchup stick? cmon
Why not go straight to parts?
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 10:28 AM
  #114  
andijones
Scooby Regular
 
andijones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
No frustration John is a busy guy, but when i keep asking and i keep getting the same reply, it becomes a bit of a worry. 1 month to order a touchup stick? cmon
Must be nice being so busy & popular. I did the going direct to parts route to get the mats.
andijones is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 12:24 PM
  #115  
terzoscooby
Scooby Regular
 
terzoscooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 328
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
Cheers FUD

The basic engine design is the same, but there are differences internally, ceramic coating on the ringlands and other internal materials have been refined. And obviously the intercooler has had a complete redesign.
Where did you get this info from?
terzoscooby is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 01:03 PM
  #116  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by terzoscooby View Post
Where did you get this info from?
NASIOC, someone had ripped one apart to see what was what.
bioforger is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 01:05 PM
  #117  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by NormantheDog View Post
Why not go straight to parts?
John would have done it via parts on my behalf, well i hope he has.

Also there's other reasons why the paint was needed in the 1st place, which i mentioned to you in a PM, but don't want to bring up on here as i know John is working on a resolution, although i've not heard anything from him for weeks.
bioforger is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 01:08 PM
  #118  
bioforger
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
bioforger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Pig Hill, Wiltsh1te
Posts: 16,982
Default

Originally Posted by Don Clark View Post
Last time I ordered a touch up stick from my dealers they supplied a bottle/brush combo from a UK auto paint supplier.

I maybe wrong, but i got the feeling IM no longer import the genuine "touchup paint sticks".
ah ok that might explain it then. Why the dealer hasn't told me this i don't know :s
bioforger is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 05:03 PM
  #119  
NormantheDog
Scooby Regular
 
NormantheDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hedgebanging in Devon
Posts: 1,018
Default

Originally Posted by bioforger View Post
John would have done it via parts on my behalf, well i hope he has.

Also there's other reasons why the paint was needed in the 1st place, which i mentioned to you in a PM, but don't want to bring up on here as i know John is working on a resolution, although i've not heard anything from him for weeks.
John has told me Subaru have resolved the issue but he is trying to see what they offer those that have 'suffered'
If I was you I would contact parts and when they ask for payment tell them to speak to John as he will sort it out later but you are right he is well snowed under at the moment!
NormantheDog is offline  
Old 11 September 2014, 05:20 PM
  #120  
fawor
BANNED
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: crushing fat-thomass
Posts: 1,205
Default

Originally Posted by Subaru Collector 555 View Post
What about the new STi Type-S which uses the 2.0 Twinscroll setup instead? Which we won't be getting!

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
You wouldn't see it in EU and after 2020 with euro 7 norm You wouldn't see any ,(even 2.5 crap )new sti in EU
Unless You vote against EU in 2017, that could kick fat-thomas back to Romania

Last edited by fawor; 11 September 2014 at 05:22 PM.
fawor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY2015 WRX STi's. Stand up and show yourselves!!!


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.