Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

weeping brembos

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2013, 07:36 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weeping brembos

Hey all, went to change my front pads today and before i even started the job i went to turn the wheel with my hand and noticed the drivers front calliper was soaked at the back, odd i thought as the car only went into subaru last month for bleeding along with a service,

had a look at the invoice to ensure they had done the work and noted at the bottom, written in pen "drivers front calliper inside bleed nipple seized bled using the inside nipple"

is it common for the nipple to let fluid out if worn ? :/ ive made sure its tight and yeah its tight!

any advice would be great thank you

Last edited by Dan-; 25 September 2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 25 September 2013, 07:56 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Doesn't sound like the best idea to be losing brake fluid. Get it back to them and get a pukka job done.
Old 25 September 2013, 08:20 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

nah its really not, especially something as important as brake fluid! i dont use the car during the week so it just sits not moving, i dont really trust them as bad as it sounds when they bled them they told me if they try to losen it theres a chance it will snap and will cost me a new calliper :/ yeah okay ha!

will be going into them to have the discs fitted though as they can deal with the snapped thread in the calliper i cant be arsed with the hassle of helicoiling it myself
Old 25 September 2013, 08:45 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan-
nah its really not, especially something as important as brake fluid! i dont use the car during the week so it just sits not moving, i dont really trust them as bad as it sounds when they bled them they told me if they try to losen it theres a chance it will snap and will cost me a new calliper :/ yeah okay ha!

will be going into them to have the discs fitted though as they can deal with the snapped thread in the calliper i cant be arsed with the hassle of helicoiling it myself
I wouldn't let them touch it, if they screw it up which is likely then you will need a new caliper which isn't cheap. Send the caliper to Godspeed, they can do it without messing it up. I'd get your discs & pads done else where too for a better price.
Old 25 September 2013, 08:50 PM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

is it actually weeping or they have simply failed to clean off the presumably spilt fluid??

could also be they tried to undo it and have cracked or loosened it enough to weep??
Old 25 September 2013, 10:42 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Thanks Richard, I'll see what I can do might make the trip up to scoobyworld and see what they can do with fitting, they must have delt with snapped calliper bolts before in there time

I'll see if I can get the callipers off without snapping bolts and send them to Ian!
Old 25 September 2013, 10:45 PM
Dan-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AS Performance
is it actually weeping or they have simply failed to clean off the presumably spilt fluid??

could also be they tried to undo it and have cracked or loosened it enough to weep??
This very well could be the case, I have used brake cleaner and wiped the whole calliper dry and clean, along with most the power coating on the back :'( that's what p me off the most need to get them repainted or it will bug me knowing the back has no paint on!