Braking dilemma !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2012, 05:31 PM
Big sparks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking dilemma !!!

Hi peeps
My discs and pads in the front of my sti are due replacement and have been looking for a while now at the options , I have a few choices but am stuck on what would give me the best outcome ?

Option 1: OE brembo's with perfoance friction 2 piece discs and a suitable pad for fast road and very occasional track use .

Option 2 : d2/k sport 8 pots with all the bits a full new kit come with inc pads as above .

Or option 3 : a good updated disc ( recommendations ) with pads as above ?

My issue is I have decided to stay with 17" wheels so have not gotta dive room to upgrade the size of the disc etc so wondered how things compare against each other for a car which will be running 450 ponies !

For the price of a performance friction 2 piece disc set up inc pads I can. Pretty much get a brand new brake package like the d2/k'sport range , obviously then I have the option to sell on my brembo's and recoup some cash , I'm currently chucking money under the bonnet and suspension mods so ap and such are just out of range right now , therefore I'm on the hunt for the next best option for a reasonable price !

Basically brembo's + pf discs = best combo or d2/k'sport = better than previous option ???

Or of course if any if you gurus on here know of a better option for money please do share

Dave
Old 04 December 2012, 07:25 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

the std Ksport/D2 pads & discs are not in the same league as the quality of the PFC 2pce discs...............

all depends what your after as to use & driving style IMO

alyn
Old 05 December 2012, 10:46 AM
Big sparks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought as much mate , was just wondering as you get a full new kit and thought they might just stand up to the job of some hard driving but I gues you get what you pay for ,
What's a good pad to put with the pf discs ?

Dave
Old 05 December 2012, 01:24 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

as above it all depends what actual use and driving style you have, the std z-rated pad pad is a very good all rounder (and very cost effective) - but for arduous use then the likes of the 01, 07 and new 08 all are exceptional in the right arena

Pagid rs29 & rs15, etc. also have their place

alyn