New brake pads - do they sometimes "squeak" after being fitted and after bed in

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2011, 12:10 AM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New"ish" EBC brake pads - constantly squeaking when coming to a halt

Hi

I got some new EBC Yellowstuff brake pads fitted last weekend (these are the "softer" version aimed more on fast road as opposed to track like the EBC Bluestuff pads. After they were bed in, 50-100 miles I noticed they were still squeaking/screeching lightly (the usual brake noise you hear) and still are, now over a week on and about 3-400 miles on them. It started being only occasionally and I assumed it was because they were new (not sure if new pads normally do this though) and then it completely disappeared over the last few days since it has been raining. But today my car went on a rolling road and now the brake screeching is back with a vengence. Not sure if the hot weather and heat or dust build up has something to do with it. What actually causes the annoying noise? Is there any spray grease I can use to spray (with the wheels still on by spraying through the spokes onto the pad) to get rid off this noise? Otherwise I'm going to have to go back to the garage to re-fit them as it is very noisy.

My old pads didn't do it but those were on my car, already half worn, when i bought it so not sure what new pads are normally like and whether it takes a month for it to disappear?

Thanks for any info and help.

Last edited by matth76; 27 June 2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 27 June 2011, 10:15 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it most likely down to how the pads were fitted by the garage? Or is just down to dust? The screech is very loud and embarassing.

Last edited by matth76; 27 June 2011 at 11:10 PM.