Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Clicking from Brembro's?

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2010, 04:36 PM
LWells
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clicking from Brembro's?

This may well have been covered before as i understand it may be a common problem...

For some reason when i pull off my right hand side wheel/brakes seem to click, its like stones falling off the tyres or something, that sort of noise. As you get upto speed over say 10mph it stops. Really odd and anoying!

Subaru said it is a characteristic of brembos.. even tho on the day i could not reproduce it! This was due to it being wet which seems to have an impact.

any advice appriciated :-)
Old 17 September 2010, 07:42 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Anymore info on this?
Asking because I have a clicking sound, like a stone is in the tyre, but it comes and goes, this is doing 5mph to 70mph.
Maybe something come loose and touching the wheel as it spins?
Old 19 September 2010, 07:39 AM
Casters450
Scooby Regular

Sounds similar to problem I had - I had a ticking kind of sound from front right and could only hear it with window down. Sorry if the following description is I bit vague cause I am 3 thousand miles away from car and I would have double checked before posting!!! But if you take wheel off and look at calliper from rear (as if checking pad life) there is a small plate that I think sits between lower edge of the pad and the caliper and protrudes beyond the calliper towards the disc. On mine this plate was just touching the disc and was causing this noise. Cleaning the disc to hub surfaces didn't fix problem so ended up filing a bit off the plate. Hope this helps - Stu
Old 19 September 2010, 07:21 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Had no clicking all weekend now. I took the front wheel off had a look and feel around, two possibles.
1) Braided hoses sqeaked in a rubber mount, WD40'd that, now its silent (wrong noise but you never know).
2) I have alu coloured tyre valves, the front one was loose, and rattled, after tighten it up noise gone..... excellent, checked the other 3 after that.