Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Hawkeye WRX to be fitted with 2008 STi Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2009, 11:56 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye WRX to be fitted with 2008 STi Brakes

I am considering buying a complete set of front and rear brakes inc discs, calipers and pads which were fitted to a 2008 (hatchback) STi and would like to know if anybody has done the same before.

I am confident the only modification to the front brakes will be having the discs redrilled to suit a 5x100 PCD stud pattern but there appears to be a question mark over whether the rear brakes can be made to fit possibly due to the rear dust shield.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Old 22 April 2009, 06:32 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a fair bit of messing around as the PCD is different between the cars, hence why most go for the older brakes with 100pcd and not 114pcd like the MY05 onward STI's have.
Go have a word with Ian High Performance Brakes - Supplying AP and Brembo brake kits for road and motorsport use

Tony
Old 22 April 2009, 06:41 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Re-drilling is simple and very cheap ! I have MY08 Brembos on the front of my MY95 classic and the only thing I needed was upgraded lines and the Brembo caliper bolts. The rears do NOT fit. Ian Godspeed has made the rears fit newage WRX's by shaving the mounting points to fit tidy. You cannot run the larger discs so you retain existing sized discs. If you haven't bought them yet, the older brembos are a better buy if you get the 'set' at a good price. However, the MY08 ebay sets are being sold with new pads/discs which shouldn't be undervalued ! If you can get the MY08's at a good price its worth it and then buying a cheap set of gold rears that can run the bigger discs.
Old 23 April 2009, 12:17 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Re-drilling is simple and very cheap ! I have MY08 Brembos on the front of my MY95 classic and the only thing I needed was upgraded lines and the Brembo caliper bolts. The rears do NOT fit. Ian Godspeed has made the rears fit newage WRX's by shaving the mounting points to fit tidy. You cannot run the larger discs so you retain existing sized discs. If you haven't bought them yet, the older brembos are a better buy if you get the 'set' at a good price. However, the MY08 ebay sets are being sold with new pads/discs which shouldn't be undervalued ! If you can get the MY08's at a good price its worth it and then buying a cheap set of gold rears that can run the bigger discs.
Thanks for the information you have confirmed my thoughts about the rear brakes also I had not thought about it but what make are the calipers on a 2008 STi are they Brembo? as they just say STi.

I now have a few more things to think about.
Old 23 April 2009, 12:33 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Brembo.

I think I ended up paying £800 for new front and rear MY08 brembos inc discs, pads, lines, one set of new rear MY06 rear brembos and pads. Which is very good for a completely new brembo brake upgrade front and rear. Plus you are able to sell the MY08 rears and pads on for pin money if you choose.
Old 06 May 2009, 12:22 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Just an update, I am going to get a set of Porsche Brembo 6 pot calipers, discs, pads and braided hoses.

This should prove to be a quite effective setup I hope!