Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Suggestions for tyres please

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2002, 06:59 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have got Goodyear Eagle F1's on my UK MY00 and tonight noticed how poor they were on a rain soaked motorway (aquaplaning all over the shop - quite scary really). Now I've known that they've been passed their best for some time, but tonight's escapade has made me decide it's new tyre time.

With the search still being down I was wondering if any of you could give me some recommendations for new tyres - I lean towards having the best performance in the wet (as it rains nearly every day of the year in Lancashire). I should point out I'm on the standard 16" wheels (company car I'm afraid so got to stick with them).

I've been quite pleased with the F1's, but hated the original Bridgestones. Just wondering if any of you have better recommendations than the F1's or should I stick another set of those on?

Thanks in advance,

tiggers.
Old 19 February 2002, 07:29 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

er i still had this thread in me favs that u may find of sum user:
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...threadid=56427
Si
Old 19 February 2002, 07:55 PM
ChrisB

I've done 250 miles across Shropshire and Wales today going out and back to Aberwystwyth, the vast majority of it in the wet. I'm about 250 miles into my first set of Eagle F1 GS-D2, so I'm still scrubbing them in.

Even this early on, IMO there didn't seem any less grip today than my old SO2 PPs. I'm not the maddest of drivers but I wasn't hanging around...
Old 20 February 2002, 11:38 AM
CaptainBeakie
Scooby Regular

I'm on standard 16" wheels and have switched to Toyo's after wearing out my first set of SO2's.

I've done about 800 miles on them and find them very progressive in the wet. I'd also never heard of them before joining Scoobynet and only went for them after a lot of recommendations and the fact I never wanted to go back to the tram-lining of the Bridgestones (considering the town driving I do).

Have a read around the threads of old. I'm sure you'll find re-assurance in a few there.

Good luck,

Beakie

Old 20 February 2002, 12:23 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had two sets of the Toyo's, they are great, I've done about 8k on the set that are now on the car, and there is still 6mm of tread left, and I don't drive gently!
I'm now changing to 17's and I wouldn't consider any other tyre than the toyo!
Ron