Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Help with Purchasing Brakes - STi PP Blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2008, 04:14 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Purchasing Brakes - STi PP Blobeye

Need to get some new discs and pads so going to get the whole package front and rear.

I dont intend to track car and i dont overuse brakes so dont need anything over oem really.

Plan is to get some EBC Redstuff front pads @ £80 for the set, and some oem front discs for pair from camskill - IMPREZA PARTS 2.0I WRX STI GDB EJ207 2002 TO 2006 UK SPEC Std Front Brake Discs - STi up to 04/2004 -326mm GDB STi 2002 on : £99.00 : Subaru Impreza Turbo Parts, Tuning, Spares & Accessories : 2.0i WRX STi GDB 02 To 06 UK - Braking - Brake Discs - which are £99. Can someone confirm these will fit as i had been told that PPP cars need slightly different discs/pads which doesnt make sense to me as sure the brakes are not affected in the PPP upgrade?

Also for the rear im looking at some oem pads @ £30 for the set from camskill and some oem discs i can get for £125 for pair from brakesint which are 316mmx20mm is this correct?

Another question is why are the rear discs so expensive! They are always more wherever i look.

Just looking for confirmation that these are indeed all ok and also if anyone knows of any cheaper options than above.

Thanks

James
Old 02 November 2008, 04:52 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy_wrxsti
Need to get some new discs and pads so going to get the whole package front and rear.

I dont intend to track car and i dont overuse brakes so dont need anything over oem really.

Plan is to get some EBC Redstuff front pads @ £80 for the set, and some oem front discs for pair from camskill - IMPREZA PARTS 2.0I WRX STI GDB EJ207 2002 TO 2006 UK SPEC Std Front Brake Discs - STi up to 04/2004 -326mm GDB STi 2002 on : £99.00 : Subaru Impreza Turbo Parts, Tuning, Spares & Accessories : 2.0i WRX STi GDB 02 To 06 UK - Braking - Brake Discs - which are £99. Can someone confirm these will fit as i had been told that PPP cars need slightly different discs/pads which doesnt make sense to me as sure the brakes are not affected in the PPP upgrade?

Also for the rear im looking at some oem pads @ £30 for the set from camskill and some oem discs i can get for £125 for pair from brakesint which are 316mmx20mm is this correct?

Another question is why are the rear discs so expensive! They are always more wherever i look.

Just looking for confirmation that these are indeed all ok and also if anyone knows of any cheaper options than above.

Thanks

James
phone ian godney at godspeed brakes,he will sort you out for everything at very good prices,nothing he doesnt know about impreza brakes...
Old 04 November 2008, 05:52 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrew jeffs
phone ian godney at godspeed brakes,he will sort you out for everything at very good prices,nothing he doesnt know about impreza brakes...
Cheers - contacted Ian and not only local but gave me good price on some kevlar pads and some vented grooved discs so shall be getting them from him