Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Just fitted M1155 and Goodridge Hoses--Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2008, 07:28 PM
NUTTYNICK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just fitted M1155 and Goodridge Hoses--Wow!

As you all know, and I recently found out, the brakes on the classics are not quite what they should be!

Despite the previous owner fitting the Subaru 4pots on the front, they were, at best, dire. With practically brand new front discs on I decided to fit some Mintex M1155 pads front and rear (standard single pot at the moment). Also fitted some goodridge hoses whilst doing the job. Only had a couple of hours to do the job so was a little aprehensive that I'd not get the job done.

Anyway, two hours later, all pads changed, hoses fitted and brakes bled (changed the old stuff for some Dot5.1), what a difference. From cold and before bedding in, the difference was noticeable.

More bite, even from cold which I wasn't expecting. I've had 1144 on a smaller car and they worked well but the 1155's are a definate for the larger car. Love em to bits, loads more confidence approaching round abouts, and corners. I certainly will be recommending them. I'd also suggest fitting front and rears of the same compound though to retain the brake balance. Maybe even slightly softer (1144's) on the rear.

Just thought I'd share that