Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

I need HELP..!!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2008, 05:04 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need HELP..!!!

I'm so undecided about which tyres to fit next, I think I need some help, AGAIN..!

The thing is I've invested so much ££ and time getting my car to handle I'm being very **** about getting the best tyre for my car..

Personal priority is excellent turn-in (a la re070) but with better all round ability.

So it's come down to 3 tyres (and yes I've seen all there is to read about recent tests and SN members much appreciated comments) but I still haven't decided..!

Goodyear F1 asymetric
Verdestein Ultrac Sessanta
Mich PS2's

I can get all 3 fitted for between £105-£112/corner so price wise there's nothing in it, they're all top tyres..

There have been many excellent recommendations for the Verdestein, the only thing that worries me is in the recent EVO test they had the highest rolling drag by a long way..! Surly this must effect/sap performance..?

On the other hand people who've fitted them to their scoobs REALLY rate them. All the independent tests has been done on other cars, ie not a scoob, so you can never be sure..!

I know I'm being overly cautious, however whilst I have the choice I might as well do the research, afterall tyres are the most important part of the car IMHO.

Jason

PS sorry to all those who've already contributed to my previous questions..
Old 31 January 2008, 10:56 AM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

????
Old 31 January 2008, 11:40 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I slightly disagree, the driver is the most important, followed by the tyres....

I'm trying Toyo R888's which are hugely grippy except when aquaplanning !
But are very noisy !
High drag may affect your fuel consumption, not a problem if you run a Scooby as you ain't expecting much !

Good luck
Old 04 February 2008, 09:23 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would be tempted to give the PS2's a go at that price. When I checked out prices they were nearly £150 a corner! I'm very very happy on my GSD3's though so presumably the asymetric is as good or better. Any of the above will be better than the Bridgestone Potatoes.