Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

assembling subaru 4 pot brakes

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2002, 05:13 PM
rbehny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying to assemble my subaru 4 pot brakes and the brake pads don't want to stay in the calipers. What do i have to do to get them to stay? I have 4 q clips and 2 arches which i have no clue as to how they are suppose to go.. I'm using the standard subaru 4 piston pad and standard 4 piston caliper.

Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Robert
Old 14 January 2002, 09:01 PM
rbehny
Scooby Regular

Talking

ok i just found the cotter pins in the box that the brakes came in.. man i was about to have a heart attack. Ok now which pad goes where? There is the pad with a little silver colored clip thingy at the end and there is a pad with just a nub with out the silver colored clip thingy. Which one goes on which side.. Please help me.. Thank you,
Robert
Old 14 January 2002, 09:22 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

I had some new pads fitted this weekend. I guess you are talking about the wear indicator? We put this on the inner side as you can visually check the outer pad for wear without taking the wheel off.
Old 14 January 2002, 10:38 PM
rbehny
Scooby Regular

Question

hey Ian,
do you remember if you used any clips that looked like a lower case "q" ? i'm way beyond desprite. so your saying that the silver colored thing goes to the inside right? man i'm sorry for asking so many questions but i guess i have to go about things the hard way..
Old 15 January 2002, 06:17 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

hey Ian,
do you remember if you used any clips that looked like a lower case "q" ? i'm way beyond desprite. so your saying that the silver colored thing goes to the inside right? man i'm sorry for asking so many questions but i guess i have to go about things the hard way..

Not sure what you mean by the clip looking like a lower case Q? On my set of pads (Mintex 1155s), two of them came with wear indicators. These are attached to the pad and just bits of metal that scrape on the disc when the pad material gets to a certain depth. I used these two pads for the inner side of each calipers and the other two pads (without the indicators) for the outer side (you can see the outer side through the wheel to check for wear).

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers,

Ian.