Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Puncture Woes

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2007, 05:01 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puncture Woes

Just had car MOT`d, failed on CV boot. But they also noticed a nail in the rear drivers side tyre. I am getting pissed off with having to buy 2 tyres everytime I get a nail puncture. this is the third time it`s happened. I have a tyre in the garage from the last time (same make T1-R). It looks like it has around 1 - 1.5 mm more tread on than the one that might need replacing. Will this be ok. The tyres will need replacing next year anyway. And was planning on swapping to either goodyears or the new proxe 4`s if people rate them. Hence not really interest in have 2 part worn tyres in the garage. And it could be another nail in the coffin for my scoob ownership as her indoors is already saying it`s to expensive everytime something goes wrong. Any constructive comments will be apreciated

Jase
Old 01 September 2007, 09:20 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Stick it on the front left and chew it up !

If your car doesn't have a "sticky" front diff it should be o.k.

Mine does and it didn't like it one bit ! ! !

Dunx
Old 01 September 2007, 09:23 PM
budge28
Scooby Regular

Are the punctures that youve got or had repairable. Or do you prefer to just change the tyre?
Old 02 September 2007, 08:59 AM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

I was thinking on sticking it on the front anyway, as there is no LSD up front on the wrx so would likely do less damage. But it would go drivers side. As there aren`t that many roundabouts were I live anyway, my tyres wear pretty even on both sides of the car.

Never had a repairable one yet it always seems to pick up on the outside edge edge of the tyre. The current one looks like it went in at an angle, and has been there a little while as it is worn down quite a lot. Will find out if it`s gone through when they pull it out on thursday when they repair my cv boot.

Jase
Old 02 September 2007, 11:36 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barmyclown
I was thinking on sticking it on the front anyway, as there is no LSD up front on the wrx so would likely do less damage. But it would go drivers side. As there aren`t that many roundabouts were I live anyway, my tyres wear pretty even on both sides of the car.

Never had a repairable one yet it always seems to pick up on the outside edge edge of the tyre. The current one looks like it went in at an angle, and has been there a little while as it is worn down quite a lot. Will find out if it`s gone through when they pull it out on thursday when they repair my cv boot.

Jase
Ummm... Sounds suspicous to me. Where do you keep the car parked? I would check arond the wheels before driving off. I had a bout of screws and nails left propt up against the tyres on a morning when I had the car parked in the driveway at home. Sounds to me you've got a vindictive person on your hands.