Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Scoobyclinc 6 Pot or AP's+Godspeed

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2007, 08:09 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scoobyclinc 6 Pot or AP's+Godspeed

Hi have a decsion to make...Need to get some new brakes, so I have two choices which come in at around the same price albeit the Scoobyclinic will be fitted for free.

Scoobyclinic 6 pots with EBC Yellow stuff pads or the Godspeed set-up which is AP 6 Pot and 335mm Godspeed disks with DS2500 pads.

The scoobyclinic calipers are lighter than the AP's but I'm not sure which disk is heavier....

The only thing I have concerns about is the EBC pads on the Scoobyclinic set-up, however they have said a Mintex 1155 pad should be available to fit their calipers pretty soon... So with costs being near equal, which one would you go for an why?
Old 10 July 2007, 08:40 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I'll be looking to switch my brembos for something bigger towards the end of the year and I'll be going to godspeed for a set of AP's. I've dealt with him a couple of times in the past and always received good service, plus he's only 40 minutes away from where I live.
Old 10 July 2007, 09:02 PM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

What is the avaliability of other makes of pad for the Scoobyclinic 6pots like compared to the AP's?
Are the Scoobyclinic discs two peice like the AP's/Godspeeds?
Old 10 July 2007, 09:14 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1 FEK
What is the avaliability of other makes of pad for the Scoobyclinic 6pots like compared to the AP's?
Are the Scoobyclinic discs two peice like the AP's/Godspeeds?
You probably did not read my post properly, they only have EBC available at the moment but Mintex are due to have some 1155 pads available in the next couple of weeks and if you look at the picture of their disks on the group buy they are clearly shown as 2 piece.
Old 10 July 2007, 09:35 PM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

Surely the calipers are made by a third party and are not specific to Scoobyclinic are they? Are pads not avaliable via the manufacturers? This could lead to a relatively small customer base in comparison to AP's and ultimately less choice in pads and higher costs come replacement time?
I must admit I do like the look of the Scoobyclinic kits and have heard only good things about them.
Old 10 July 2007, 09:38 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

I'm tempted by the SC package but feel there's not many out there at the moment to acquire an unbiased review of performance etc. This would be the only reason I'd plum for the AP's if I had to make a decision soon given their standing in the market place.

Hopefully by the end of the year a few members will have given the SC Kit some road miles for a fair comparison. Be nice to know which you go for mate.
Old 10 July 2007, 09:46 PM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

I must I'd be seriously interested if Scoobyclinc also did an uprated kit for the rear to match their front kits. I think only Brembo and AP Racing offer matching front and rear upgrade kits, but I may be wrong?

Trending Topics

Old 10 July 2007, 10:05 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

I must I'd be seriously interested if Scoobyclinc also did an uprated kit for the rear to match their front kits. I think only Brembo and AP Racing offer matching front and rear upgrade kits, but I may be wrong?
Personally, I would not bother with rears too much, it's the fronts that do all the work....
Old 10 July 2007, 10:06 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Surely the calipers are made by a third party and are not specific to Scoobyclinic are they? Are pads not avaliable via the manufacturers? This could lead to a relatively small customer base in comparison to AP's and ultimately less choice in pads and higher costs come replacement time?
I must admit I do like the look of the Scoobyclinic kits and have heard only good things about them.
They whole system is made by 3rd party, if you look at the group buy offer they are stating that they are about to palce an order with their supplier, to me this says that eveything is outsourced. You may get the pads direct from EBC and then Mintex later on, but not 100% sure on this.
Old 10 July 2007, 10:21 PM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cyberevo
Personally, I would not bother with rears too much, it's the fronts that do all the work....
I've got grooved dics, EBC red stuff pads & braided lines on the rear along with AP 355 6pots on the front and sometimes the back feels very twitchy under hard braking, I think some sort of further upgrade is needed

Any Ideas who the manufacturer is then?
Old 10 July 2007, 10:39 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

I've got grooved dics, EBC red stuff pads & braided lines on the rear along with AP 355 6pots on the front and sometimes the back feels very twitchy under hard braking, I think some sort of further upgrade is needed

Any Ideas who the manufacturer is then?
Someone in Japan,

It may not be the rear brakes that make the rear end twitch under braking, are you running standard suspension?
Old 10 July 2007, 10:48 PM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

Yep standard P1 prodrive suspension. It's the next thing on my list to change!
Old 10 July 2007, 11:04 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Yep standard P1 prodrive suspension. It's the next thing on my list to change!
Can't speak for P1's but my Integra DC5 had a loose back end under heavy braking and it worried me a little, however as soon as Eibach progressive springs were fitted together with a rear lower strut brace it sorted the squirm out.
Old 11 July 2007, 01:43 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

have a search for 'godspeed' before buying
Old 11 July 2007, 08:04 AM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
have a search for 'godspeed' before buying
I have and I have nothing but good reviews, on here and MLR, the only issue seems ot be getting hold of Ian sometimes but I must admit I got through on the phone first time and had a good 10 minute chat.
Old 11 July 2007, 02:25 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I haven't got time at the moment to dig up the threads but there are plenty there that would STRONGLY disagree.
Old 11 July 2007, 02:27 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...d-caution.html
Old 11 July 2007, 02:28 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

https://www.scoobynet.com/wyioc-foru...-godspeed.html
Old 11 July 2007, 02:28 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-godspeed.html
Old 11 July 2007, 02:29 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-thi...-godspeed.html
Old 11 July 2007, 02:31 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

There are too many threads to list them all.

All are along the same lines though....paid for stuff....never received....told couriers sent it to wrong address...etc etc
Old 11 July 2007, 04:16 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Bob , it would seem you were happy to have your calipers reconditioned by Godspeed this year , and they looked pretty good to me in the for sale section when you advertised them , you only seem to be going out of your way to bad mouth them as you had your order for discs and bells cancelled , and they were only cancelled as you were not willing to remove the thread you started after you had had delivery of the parts

Yes and there are many many more who are more than happy with the service , no one is ever going to be perfect in this day and age when everybody wants stuff like yesterday , Even the big companies can make you wait on times , and **** orders up. Ian mentioned a short while ago he has made over 2500 kits for Subaru's , so its only a very small percentage of problems , In an ideal world you shouldn't have problems , but its going to happen from time to time.

just because you didnt get what you wanted your now acting like a spoilt little child , I gather Ian cancelled your order for discs and refunded you , but did recondition your front AP calipers no problem , I saw the pics when you sold them on here and they looked A1 to me ,

I would like to see more threads of people not receiving stuff , and up to date orders , not going back on the same old threads all the time , as I dont believe that to be the case , yes people have had delays at times in the past , but you get that with AP racing as well , I recently had to wait 12 weeks for a pair of AP 4 pot calipers to be delivered from AP , so what !

Chris

Last edited by awd wrx; 11 July 2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11 July 2007, 05:12 PM
IRC450STI
Scooby Regular

HI everyone. I have had the scoobyclinic 6 pots package on my 400bhp classic and ive got to say that they have awsome stopping power, drove in and they were fitted within the hour, there was know waiting for them as they have all colours in stock and they are selling fast i hear, cant comment on others but i know some one thats got APs and they say the same about those awsome stopping power, so i guess its down to choice and money as the APs are more expensive.
Old 11 July 2007, 05:46 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wilwood do a 6 pot front 4 pot rear kit in the USA, fitted my 1993 WRX with no problems at all and with the $ as weak as it is you could probably get the whole package for about £1100-1200 delivered right now (front and rear!).

Have never been in a car with the AP or SC brakes but compared to the subaru 4 pots I have before these are in a different league.
Old 11 July 2007, 06:47 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Well, thanks for everyone's advise, I spoke with Ian on the phone and he seemed like a very helpfull and pleasant chap. not to say he has not had issues with poor customer service and I'm sure he would love to have a full time secretary sitting there anwering calls and doing the admin, however that is the ideal world.

Anyway, I have decided to go for the Scoobyclinic set as these were the most cost effective as fitting is free and they are lighter in weight than the AP calipers, I need ot keep the unsprung weight down.

It was a very close call between AP+Godspeed or Scoobyclinic, I guess I'm a sucker for pretty new things...

Let's park this thread as there have been may discussions on here about godspeed and it is just not cricket to keep resurecting these things, I have a mind of my own and will make decsions based on a number of factor, service being one of them.
Old 11 July 2007, 10:08 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

let us know what you think of them mate.
Old 14 July 2007, 01:19 AM
iamevilhomer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
let us know what you think of them mate.
ditto
Old 14 July 2007, 12:26 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awd wrx
Bob , it would seem you were happy to have your calipers reconditioned by Godspeed this year , and they looked pretty good to me in the for sale section when you advertised them , you only seem to be going out of your way to bad mouth them as you had your order for discs and bells cancelled , and they were only cancelled as you were not willing to remove the thread you started after you had had delivery of the parts

Yes and there are many many more who are more than happy with the service , no one is ever going to be perfect in this day and age when everybody wants stuff like yesterday , Even the big companies can make you wait on times , and **** orders up. Ian mentioned a short while ago he has made over 2500 kits for Subaru's , so its only a very small percentage of problems , In an ideal world you shouldn't have problems , but its going to happen from time to time.

just because you didnt get what you wanted your now acting like a spoilt little child , I gather Ian cancelled your order for discs and refunded you , but did recondition your front AP calipers no problem , I saw the pics when you sold them on here and they looked A1 to me ,

I would like to see more threads of people not receiving stuff , and up to date orders , not going back on the same old threads all the time , as I dont believe that to be the case , yes people have had delays at times in the past , but you get that with AP racing as well , I recently had to wait 12 weeks for a pair of AP 4 pot calipers to be delivered from AP , so what !

Chris
Ian....(sorry I meant 'Chris'),

Your fortunate that I haven't posted the whole story.

Enough said. I will respect the thread starters wishes.

If you want I can start another thread?

Cheers,

Bob
Old 14 July 2007, 06:29 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Well, I have had the brakes fitted today but scoobyclinic, and my inital thoughts on these being bellow par in terms of quality against the AP's was quickly dispeled when I saw the craftmanship.

They are very good quality, and I hope they perform as good as they look, got to bed them in for a couple of hundred miles first but I will put a review up.

A big thanks to Scoobyclinic, true pro's and very helpful, even though they were manic today and I had not booked in a service, they kindly carried this out without any questions.
Old 15 July 2007, 07:35 PM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB'5
Ian....(sorry I meant 'Chris'),

Your fortunate that I haven't posted the whole story.

Enough said. I will respect the thread starters wishes.

If you want I can start another thread?

Cheers,

Bob

another one who,s suspicious