Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

I'm havin' a right laff......is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2001, 08:20 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I have been running Toyo's on 17 inch rims for a few months now, and last month I got an unrepairable puncture in one of them and couldn't afford at the time to go spend £200 on a pair of tyres so i thought that i'd go back to my OE 16's booted with the Bridgestone RE010's.

In the damp, they make me howl . Every corner is a giggle without having to do a million MPH. I had me geometry done at TSL and since then, especially on the RE010's the scoob seems to oversteer on demand.

A few notes, I don't drive like a buffoon trying to step the back out where ever I can, I only do it when i know that if it all goes pear shaped, i'm not gonna collect a load of other road users and I never faff around on roads I don't know.

I'm enjoyin' meself on the bridgestones. I know the toyo's are a "safer" tyre, but am i the only one that thinks scoobs are a laff when they are NOT limpet like?

Mikey (Dreading the day when the toyo man comes back )
Old 04 December 2001, 10:10 AM
robman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to confess to also being more of a fan of rear action (as it were) than high speed grippyness. It's funny how some people say, "the scoob is so much fun - the grip is fantastic," and then there's me going, "the scoob is so much fun, you can get lovely power oversteer."

Have to confess though, I am running 17" Toyos. But like you I'm very aware of the situation and "play safe".

R