Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Locking fronts, Strange one?

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2006, 01:16 PM
busstard
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking fronts, Strange one?

Right, where to start? I have an impreza sport (my98) and the brakes badly needed doing. So I brought new discs and pads and went about fitting them, this is were things went wrong lol. Firstly, only the near side front pads were worn out. Also that calliper would not open fully, but I then found a set of used 2 pots, discs and pads for cheap so though I would fit these instead off fixing the old one. They went on fine, but as I started to bleed the system, only the near side front and off side rear would bleed. After much fiddling about, I replaced the master cylinder which solved that problem. The whole system then bleed fine, but now when the engine is running the front brakes lock. They only lock with the servo running, and I checked that the servo is functioning properly. Any ideas, the callipers seemed fine when fitted. Could the proportioning valve cause the fronts to lock? I phoned a main dealer but he said not a common problem and he would need to see it. Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers Ed
Old 27 March 2006, 06:10 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

rear calipers seized or have you fitted the new m/cylinder so that its plubed back to front??

alyn