Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Strange noise from right Brembo caliper

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2005, 09:11 AM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange noise from right Brembo caliper

Couple weeks ago i started to notice a strange noise coming from the right hand side of the car. I first noticed it when turing sharply left or right when pulling into the driveway and initially thought it suspension/steering related.

I've now found out the noise only occurs when i'm actualyl braking. Turning and braking theres a very loud clicking noise in relation to the speed travelling.

When braking in a straight line or even just parked up and pumping the pedal i can hear a click/squeak from what sounds like the front right caliper or disc.

Anyone had anything similar?
Car is an 02 STI and had EBC red ceramic pads fit about 4-5k ago and never been a problem apart from the usual squeal occasional from brake dust.

I'm wondering if the calipers just need cleaning as there appears to be a lost of black brake dust around them. Or maybe its a sign of the caliper starting to seize up?

Car brakes fine with no problems or pulling. I'm using my diesel banger for work so not using it much at the moment until i can have it checked out.

Any comments appreciated
Old 24 December 2005, 11:17 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

after a number of reported issues with the life of EBC's i would suggest you check the condition of the pads and strip the caliper for a clean regardless........................

alyn
Old 24 December 2005, 11:50 AM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockcar
after a number of reported issues with the life of EBC's i would suggest you check the condition of the pads and strip the caliper for a clean regardless........................

alyn
I suspected this might be the problem as they give off a lost of brake dust.

Car's going in for a service shortly so will just get them to take a look and clean them.

Cheers