Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

T1S V T1R's

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2005, 04:12 PM
Shaggy1066
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1S V T1R's

Having run both T1S's and T1R's I now need to replace my tyres again, overall I have been very happy with both type's but not sure which to go for now?

This morning I had decided to go back to the T1S's because in my experience the T1R's are too stiff when new or about the first 500 miles and feels like they are riding on the stiffer side walls making the car feel unsettled during direction change, however after talking to a variety of places today most of them favour the R's over the S's, stating the reinforcing within the T1R does not mean that it has stiffer side walls.

Now I'm not sure what to go for, does anybody else have an opinion?

Old 25 November 2005, 12:17 PM
GTODesign
Scooby Newbie

The T1-R is by far the superior tyre and you should always give a brief running in period for tyres to bed in anyway. I must confess I've never had a complaint over them being too stiff but if you feel it eases off after 500 miles, take it easy for those 500 miles and realize the benefits of the better tyre from then on.

Originally Posted by Shaggy1066
Having run both T1S's and T1R's I now need to replace my tyres again, overall I have been very happy with both type's but not sure which to go for now?

This morning I had decided to go back to the T1S's because in my experience the T1R's are too stiff when new or about the first 500 miles and feels like they are riding on the stiffer side walls making the car feel unsettled during direction change, however after talking to a variety of places today most of them favour the R's over the S's, stating the reinforcing within the T1R does not mean that it has stiffer side walls.

Now I'm not sure what to go for, does anybody else have an opinion?

Old 25 November 2005, 08:18 PM
Shaggy1066
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GTODesign
The T1-R is by far the superior tyre and you should always give a brief running in period for tyres to bed in anyway. I must confess I've never had a complaint over them being too stiff but if you feel it eases off after 500 miles, take it easy for those 500 miles and realize the benefits of the better tyre from then on.
Fair enough, think I willgo for another set of R's
Old 25 November 2005, 11:57 PM
mg driver
Scooby Regular

i found t1-r's aren't stiff enough when it comes to track bashing so the t1-s must be mank.
Old 29 November 2005, 01:21 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by mg driver
i found t1-r's aren't stiff enough when it comes to track bashing so the t1-s must be mank.
They are... shockingly bad in my opinion.