Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Thinking of getting some new alloys...

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2005, 12:04 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Thinking of getting some new alloys...

What do I need to consider? I have an MY97 classic Impreza, and it's running on the old 17" Speedlines at the mo, but they're in dreadful condition, and after hitting a pothole last weekend, I'm fairly sure one is dented.

I have seen a set with tyres from a place near Manchester, which costs about £750, and they're okay - more Speedlines, and gold (of course).

Do I need to consider anything else in terms of fitting them? I see people talking about ETnn values (??) and also about different nuts.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Cheers.
Old 14 November 2005, 12:22 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Question

These are the wheels. Does anyone know if these will fit over the 4 pots, incase I decide to upgrade my brakes?

Wheels
Old 14 November 2005, 03:28 PM
Napedog
Scooby Regular

There from Wheelbase I see. I got some from here last December saw them on ebay as u have and mailed them because i wanted 215 Yokohama instead 205 Yokohama tyres, and they said that if i rang up and paid on card the same day they would do this upgrade in size for free still Yokohama's. So i accepted this and paid. When they had finished my car after taking a dreadful amout of time to do.I mean hours I drove home and noticed that they hadnt put the tyres I wanted on they had put sum cheap crap on. And also the centre cap emblems always fall off ive had too keep regluing them on(been out today) again. I wouldnt bother with them mate.Would buy from else where as my friend has had trouble with his from same place.
Old 14 November 2005, 05:47 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

There's a place near where I work called Silverline who sell Speedlines - and they might be cheaper, especially if the existing tyres from my current wheels can be swapped over. Cheers for the heads-up.