Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

MY05 STi Winter rims/tyre advice please

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2005, 01:39 PM
budgie55
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 STi Winter rims/tyre advice please

hi looking for some help also... I have an MY05 STi and am looking at getting some rims and tyres for the winter. I have no clue where to start with the rims or tyres to be honest but have heard some stories of the RE070 being quite interesting! in the winter which I dont partcularly fancy driving in the snow if we get any.

Rims are my main concern as I would like to take off the standard wheels for over the winter, therefore not to bothered about styling etc etc as all Im worried about is the grip in snow/ice/rain etc and the obvious corrosion during the winter months.
Any advice or pointers for rims and tyres would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Allan
Old 02 November 2005, 04:02 PM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by budgie55
hi looking for some help also... I have an MY05 STi and am looking at getting some rims and tyres for the winter. I have no clue where to start with the rims or tyres to be honest but have heard some stories of the RE070 being quite interesting! in the winter which I dont partcularly fancy driving in the snow if we get any.
Many thanks

Allan
I've done 1 winter with RE070 tyres and found no major problems with them, i done a track day at Castle Combe last Monday in the the rain and was surprised how well they gripped in the wet, the only time they felt nervous was when i had to drive in the snow but that's gonna be the same with any tyre that wide.
Old 02 November 2005, 09:48 PM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by budgie55

Rims are my main concern as I would like to take off the standard wheels for over the winter, therefore not to bothered about styling etc etc as all Im worried about is the grip in snow/ice/rain etc and the obvious corrosion during the winter months.
Any advice or pointers for rims and tyres would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Allan
Ive just bought some Vredestein Ultrac's and initially they seem awesome!! very good handling in the wet and superb in semi wet conditions and only 76 quid each and thats for 225/40/18's!!!!!