Pagid disks/pads clatter

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2005, 10:18 AM
dhayzen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pagid disks/pads clatter

Hi folks,

Had a set of Pagid Group N+ disks and pads (supplied by TSL) fitted to my classic MY00 a couple of months back. This is the third set i've used. The guys that fitted them (not TSL!) didn't do a particularly good job I felt, as after a few hundred miles bad squeaking emerged. they could not resolve this, so did a bit of research myself and had a chat with TSL. The cure was copper grease which has done the trick.

My problem though is that I get a clonking clattering noise from both front calipers whenever I go for the brakes or after I release them - I'm pretty sure it's the pad moving within the caliper, between the disk and piston, but how do I stop this?

I've heard about shimes, but there don't appear to be any fitted - should there be? Are shimes the cure? If so, where do I get them for a standard OEM 4pot caliper fitted under a 16" wheel.

regards

DaveH
Old 21 April 2005, 07:51 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

the O.E. shims are only available from Subaru....................might be wise to make sure they have refitted the pad retainers, etc correctly..........

alyn
Old 21 April 2005, 08:09 PM
Jim_B
Scooby Regular

Check the bolts holding the caliper on too. A garage did mine once and I found a bolt loose !
Old 22 April 2005, 09:21 AM
dhayzen
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the input. The pad retainers are all fitted correctly, whilst checking that's when I noticed the missing shims. As for the caliper bolts, will check tonight.

I have ordered from Subaru a new set of shims, so hopefully will sort out the problem. I'll take the opportunity to give the whole thing a bit of a spring clean whilst bits are apart and throw some copper slip in there too.

Once again, thanks for your help.

DaveH