Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Advise Needed - Wheel Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2005, 11:48 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Advise Needed - Wheel Alignment

I had my tracking done from Power Engineering last Saturday, and took around 2 hours…Car was tracked to the Pro-Drive Setting.

I think it was Richard who did the work as follows:

Tracked the car, apparently it was out near 8 degrees on the front; he adjusted and took the car out for a drive, when he got back the car was back on the ramp. Tracking had gone out for some reason.

After another 20mins of trying to figure out what happened, he realised that when he had completed the setup and went to tighten the bolt the whole tracking moved out of sync. So after trying this a few times he set the tracking slightly out and tightened the bolt and the tracking seemed to line up. Car was again taken out for a drive, and I was given the ok on its return.

Dilemma:

It has only been 7 days, and I feel my car is pulling quite heavily to the left. I have experienced this on many different types of roads. When i brake or put my foot down, sometimes having to really hold on to the wheel...

Question:

Shall I call PE, and get them to re-check the settings?

Will they charge for this?

Or shall I just give up and carry on driving the car as it is?

--Sam
Old 26 February 2005, 08:42 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

there is a problem there somewhere sam.................never had a car go "out of adjustment thro' thightening a bolt?? therefore i would suggest that either a mounting or bush, etc. is worn and this is actually changing the geometry everytime its measured......................

8deg...............think you have this wrong as you could not measure 8deg on the gauges, how did the car drive before???

alyn
Old 26 February 2005, 12:55 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alyn,

The car drove quite bad, before all over the place. Much better after the allignment, though now has started pulling again. I am more then sure that is what richard said, if not degree it was something 8..

When he had his allignment tool on the wheels, and as he tightened the bolt it was quite visable the red line was moved by the time he had tightened it.

Sam
Old 26 February 2005, 08:15 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

easiest thing is to ask him................if we had a car that far out in the w/shop it would normally be fairly easy to find the issue...............from your description it must be a mechanicl issue like a bush, mount, etc............

alyn