Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

EBC replies to comments

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2005, 11:56 AM
spikus1969
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC replies to comments

Just thought a few might want to know this been on the phone to EBC this morning to get some answers
to some points being made on here

Been in touch with EBC today and they have informed me of the following..........
1.they have now improved the redstuff ceramics....they have included a braking coating on the friction which is very noticeable almost looks like chewing gum..........This coating will condition your discs........(so no more scrubbing them discs) the first time you start braking they may appear a bit sharp but this is only for a very short term.....
2.To bed these in do a gentle 200 miles and then after do as you feel......if you still have the other red ceramics without the coating then bedding in will take longer
3.There is a new formulation called 1793 coming from EBC at the end of January called
"YELLOWSTUFF R"
these are a raceable/street pad with good durability also REG 90 approved which makes them street legal.............
4.There have been a few comments on here about EBC changing formulations to much.....
EBC do this to strive for perfection there is no time to stand still in todays market..

i will be getting a set of these in the next week or so so if your looking for a pad change at the end of January please email me and i will gladly give my honest opinion as a supplier to see if they are better than the redstuff ceramics