Fitting brake pads to MY94

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2004, 07:38 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fitting brake pads to MY94

Just a quick one, hopefully

Have ordered some Red Stuff ceramic pads for the car and am planing to fit em on Saturday as current pads are standard and aftermarket and don't fit properly so rattling around in the caliper, very very f***ing annoying .

Just had a thought though, do I need to put new anti rattle clips in and if so will they come with the pads, anybody know??

Also if not where can I pick some up locally, I'm in Leeds?
Old 02 December 2004, 11:56 AM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Redstuff cermaics come with adhesive metal plates which you can put on the back of the pads.
Old 02 December 2004, 06:03 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by minor_threat
Redstuff cermaics come with adhesive metal plates which you can put on the back of the pads.
thanks for the reply mate, the pads arrived today and the metal plates you mention were in fact fixed to the back of the pads. It was the metal spring clips I was thinking of really, thought they were called anti rattle clips but not so sure now, anyway it didn't come with any but it doesn't seem to matter much.
Couldn't be arsed crawling around on the drive at the weekend in the freezing cold to fit em so took it to a local tyre place I've used before, £20 job done and that bloody noise has finally gone

I can finally start to enjoy the car now (well once I've bedded em in of course) but it's just so much better already without that noise, I luv it
Old 02 December 2004, 06:27 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bgood
thanks for the reply mate, the pads arrived today and the metal plates you mention were in fact fixed to the back of the pads. It was the metal spring clips I was thinking of really, thought they were called anti rattle clips but not so sure now, anyway it didn't come with any but it doesn't seem to matter much.
Couldn't be arsed crawling around on the drive at the weekend in the freezing cold to fit em so took it to a local tyre place I've used before, £20 job done and that bloody noise has finally gone

I can finally start to enjoy the car now (well once I've bedded em in of course) but it's just so much better already without that noise, I luv it
Good stuff. My red ceramics felt better after 100 miles and took about 200 miles to bed in properly. They're a vast improvement and take a lot of abuse!