Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 12:49 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need advice!

Hi everybody,

I need some info and advices!
I've to replace my front discs and pads (worned), and peoples recommended me to put EBC TURBO GROOVE discs and EBC REDSTUFF CERAMIC pads.
Is it good enough for hard for fast road and some track day without damage discs and pads soon?
My car is a WRX 2002

Thanks to all.

Daniel
Old 08 November 2004, 01:17 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Daniel,

this is exactly what I fitted to my car on Saturday morning. They take about 200 miles to bed-in according to EBC, and I've so far done 30 miles on them. Initial impressions are that they do work when cold (despite what people have told me) and are much better than the standard brakes. I took the car out for a spin on the country roads by my house and where my old brakes would have faded the EBC discs/pads carried on going. In fact, they seemed to get better the hotter they got! I haven't got braided hoses fitted but pedal-feel and bite has improved and they aren't noisy. It's too early to tell how much punishment they'll take because I don't want to push them too far until they've bedded in properly. Initial impressions though are
Old 08 November 2004, 01:25 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

Cool thanks for infos

Thanks for those usefull infos :-).
Can you tell me exactly how to bed-in right to avoid discs and pads damage.
Personnally I'm going tu to fit braided hoses and DOT 5.1 fluid to improve pedal-feel and avoid spongy center pedal.
Thanks again.

Daniel

Originally Posted by minor_threat
Daniel,

this is exactly what I fitted to my car on Saturday morning. They take about 200 miles to bed-in according to EBC, and I've so far done 30 miles on them. Initial impressions are that they do work when cold (despite what people have told me) and are much better than the standard brakes. I took the car out for a spin on the country roads by my house and where my old brakes would have faded the EBC discs/pads carried on going. In fact, they seemed to get better the hotter they got! I haven't got braided hoses fitted but pedal-feel and bite has improved and they aren't noisy. It's too early to tell how much punishment they'll take because I don't want to push them too far until they've bedded in properly. Initial impressions though are
Old 08 November 2004, 01:35 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tsl202
Thanks for those usefull infos :-).
Can you tell me exactly how to bed-in right to avoid discs and pads damage.
Personnally I'm going tu to fit braided hoses and DOT 5.1 fluid to improve pedal-feel and avoid spongy center pedal.
Thanks again.

Daniel
I was wondering this as well, and asked on ScoobyNet about bedding in the discs. Other people on here who used them just took it easy on braking. When the brakes arrived I found instructions on the side of the box of pads! EBC recommend driving normally for the first 200 miles (ie: no track days straight away!) and avoiding emergency stops if you can help it. After fitting them I took the car out, drove gently for the first 5 miles and then did some stops from 30mph to 5mph to clear the surface of the discs. I plan to test them properly after I've driven the other 170 miles. If you want some photos of the discs on the car let me know.
Old 09 November 2004, 12:49 PM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

Talking cool

Hi,

Yes it would be cool if you can send me some photos the discs on the car.
This way I can imagine that's my car.
:-)
I give you my mail: sub202@caramail.com
Cheers
Daniel

Originally Posted by minor_threat
I was wondering this as well, and asked on ScoobyNet about bedding in the discs. Other people on here who used them just took it easy on braking. When the brakes arrived I found instructions on the side of the box of pads! EBC recommend driving normally for the first 200 miles (ie: no track days straight away!) and avoiding emergency stops if you can help it. After fitting them I took the car out, drove gently for the first 5 miles and then did some stops from 30mph to 5mph to clear the surface of the discs. I plan to test them properly after I've driven the other 170 miles. If you want some photos of the discs on the car let me know.