Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Help with Bremsport 330mm setup on classic!

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 10:04 AM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Bremsport 330mm setup on classic!

Hi,
Just purchased a new Bremsport 330mm Brake setup for my 1995 WRX which includes 330mm discs, 4 pot calipers and ferodo pads, upon fitting one of the goodridge hoses started weeping brake fluid just behind the connection that goes on the caliper side, took it off and tried the other one and the actual connection came off in my hand, obviously a couple of faulty hose and had had to resort to using the existing hoses.

I then tried bleeding the brakes up last night by the usual process of pumping the brakes, holding the pedal in and letting out slowly on each of the two nipples on each caliper but still cant get the system bled after 3 attempts.

Does anyone have any ideas as the pedal is nearly going to the floor to brake and requires it to be pumped it a few times to brake with any force. Obviously the back dont need bled as they are on a seperate system, or do you need to bleed the two nipples on each caliper at the same time?

ps i am using the existing standard brake setup on back of car.
Old 08 November 2004, 10:55 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Have you got the bleed nipples at the top of the calipers , if you have them at the bottom you will never bleed them , they must be at the highest point
Old 08 November 2004, 11:17 AM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

anyone else any ideas?
Old 08 November 2004, 12:20 PM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

Can anyone shed some light on this before i go home today as dont wanna end up into the back of someone, please?
Old 08 November 2004, 01:06 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

(At risk of making a prat of myself): are you sure it's a front/back split, not diagonal (ie. front right+rear left, front left+rear right)? It might not do any harm to check the rears if you're not having any luck getting all the bubbles out the front.
Old 09 November 2004, 08:05 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobboyObviously the back dont need bled as they are on a seperate system, or do you need to bleed the two nipples on each caliper at the same time?[/color
[/size][/font]

ps i am using the existing standard brake setup on back of car.

you WILL need to bleed all calipers, the brakes are linked diagonally on all road cars (n/s/f to o/s/r & o/s/f to n/s/r)..................

what you describe sounds like air in the system and would suggest above first and at the same time when bleeding the front calipers open both nipples at the same time.......................

you do have the front calipers upright with the bleed nipples on top?? not as daft as it sounds, lots of peeps get caught out with this one and you will never get it to "bleed" up!!

alyn - asperformance.com
Old 09 November 2004, 08:58 AM
scoobboy
Scooby Regular

Bled the system again last night in following order as instructed by many people:

front driver side
rear passenger side
front passenger side
rear driver side

There are a lot of contradictions as a few people have said you should start from furthest away from master cylinder and work your way in ie:

rear passenger side
rear driver side
front passenger side
front driver side

Saying that the system seemed to bleed fine and bled each nipple seperately on the 4 pots on front, what advantages would bleeding two of them at same time do compared to doing them seperately and would bleeding the system up in a different order make much of a difference as wanna get the setup as good as possible?