Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Flush Fit Tyre Valves

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2004, 05:07 PM
Tim Caddick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Flush Fit Tyre Valves

Just bought a beautiful set of Rota Tarmac2's for my Classic, & whilst looking for some different centres, I came across the Flush fit tyre valves sold by Demon-Tweeks & Speeding.co.uk. They look neat, as there is no valve stem, just a chromed screw head. However, I've read elsewhere that they're a pain to check pressures with. Anyone on here got them & could advise me whether they're worth the effort or not?
(Details here:- http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/C...sories_66.html)

Last edited by Tim Caddick; 21 October 2004 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 21 October 2004, 09:38 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Caddick
Just bought a beautiful set of Rota Tarmac2's for my Classic, & whilst looking for some different centres, I came across the Flush fit tyre valves sold by Demon-Tweeks & Speeding.co.uk. They look neat, as there is no valve stem, just a chromed screw head. However, I've read elsewhere that they're a pain to check pressures with. Anyone on here got them & could advise me whether they're worth the effort or not?
Right mate dont know if these i had were the same but i had no probs with mine as u get a tube the same length as a normal valve with these,they were allen key fitting to get the cap off then the tube screwed in to make it like a normal valve.Smart car at beeston notts supplied mine.
Old 22 October 2004, 10:25 PM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

Had them on my Supra previously. You can get valve extensions which you need to pump the tyres up. I bought a pack for a couple of quid from my local car shop. They just screw on so you can fit an airline or pump on. Only pain in the **** was the screw top which also meant carrying a screwdriver in the car.
Old 22 October 2004, 11:55 PM
Scoob+Bike=Fun
Scooby Regular

I was going to get some for my bike, and was advised against them, not too sure if they are the same or not, somthing to do with the rubber not being the right compound or somthing...