Looking for 15"s to clear WRX brakes

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2004, 03:35 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 15"s to clear WRX brakes

Hello-

I've been looking for 15" wheels that will work over WRX brakes for some time.
I live in the US, and drive a 2000 Impreza. My particular car has 10.7" front rotors and the standard 2-piston calipers, however I'll soon be swapping to the 11.4" WRX rotors. The problem that ensues with this switch, though, is that the 15" steel wheels I use in winter will no longer fit.

So... My two options are mainly to search for a very expensive 15" rally wheel that will clear, or switch my OE 16"s to winter duty and spend a lot of cash on 17" wheels and tyres for next summer. Also, since I favor Nokian winter tyres, and they're expensive as it is in 15," I'd rather not fork over so much more for 16" winters. There's a big price jump.

I'm not altogether familiar with some of the wheels that you folks might have more readily available, however, so I thought I'd check. Perhaps there's an OE wheel in the UK/Euro market that works? I may eventually put the GC four-piston calipers on the car, or some other 16" brake kit, so something that'd work with those would be best, just "thinking ahead..."

If nothing exists, or I'm better off to just continue scouring for a deal on used rally wheels, that's okay. It just doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks much-
-S2-
Old 14 June 2004, 03:39 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

Default FYI...

There is one option from the popular Tirerack.com over here, but they're a new offering and still cost $279 apiece.... plus they will not work over the four-pots, only our OE 2-piston calipers. It's the SSR Comp-X. Too expensive for me!

(Comes in anthracite, gold and white. I'd likely prefer silver.)
Old 18 June 2004, 07:09 PM
Siper2
Scooby Regular

ttt