Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

EBC brake noise Part II

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2001, 12:20 AM
jay.burgess
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

To combat the problem of Disc Judder which is a large problem on todays performance cars, EBC have spent millions developing "HIGH TECH" brakes these are THe new V4 Greenstuff ideal for road conditions. These pads are now designed to give low dust , anti-squeel and are now designed to help the rotors run upto 200° cooler which is an emense difference in temprature. The Redstuff is now made with longer life! some people have had problehowever ms with Redstuff on trackdays. Many people have not! but to accomadate the few who have had problems EBC have Develpoed the Redstuff range of pads. The Redstuff pads should now last upto 3 times longer than the old Redstuff material. So if you have tried them before try the new Redstuff if you havent tried them yet give them a try. They will work from cold and last longer than ever before. Lastly EBC have now developed their new TGD's or Track day discs. These new discs are made from high grade castings to make them very resistant to the sort of tempratures reached on trackdays and short circuit racing/rallying. This should ultimatly reduce the chances of disc judder, as long as you fit your discs useing a dial guage if you cant do this take it to a profesional who can line them up for you. As said previously todays performance cars have very little tolerances. When you fit spark plugs you make sure they are "gapped" properly. Fitting brake discs are just the same! Make sure your hubs are spotlessly clean, that the mount up face of the disc is parralel with the hub and that you torque up the studs properly. With all of this done and TGD's and V4 Greenstuff fitted you should have many miles of hassle free enjoyment.
If you have any technical questions regarding EBC products please e-mial "technical@ebcbrakesuk.com"

Thanks and happy motoring!!!
Old 27 September 2001, 07:48 PM
Luke
BANNED

Jay

Hello mate.

Thanks for sorting out my warped disks.(Legacy turbo estate UK)

The Guys at "sejoc" did the job and i am well happy. I posted a note to mention your great after sales.

Again everyone. EBC do look after their customers very well. I have their new Red pads and they are lasting very well. They also stop from cold.

How many times on this BBS do companies get slagged off for bad after sales????
Many.

It nice to be able to say that EBC are not one of them

Luke
Old 27 September 2001, 07:49 PM
Luke
BANNED

Jay

Before Simon gets you,get a banner ad !!!!!