Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Anyone use Michelins?

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2001, 03:30 PM
Stephen Read
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone out there running Michelins on their Scoob?

Any views?

I borrowed an 1.8i 6-speed MX-5 the other weekend and was pretty impressed with the car but even more so by the standard 16" Michelin Pilot SX's it was sporting. They appeared to suit the car perfectly and gave very good grip [IMHO] and were quiet - even when provoked.

In fact, it was really nice to drive something that didn't understeer for a while!

However, when I re-drove the same favourite road in my Scoob straight afterwards it put a another huge smile on my face. Even with the flamin' understeer, there is nothing quite like the way it can demolish a familiar road!

I need some new rubber though and might be able offered some Michelins so need to know if anyone thinks they suit the Scoob.

Cheers,
Stephen

PS. MY00 Turbo, 16" wheels with standard suspension.
Old 06 June 2001, 05:46 PM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use 3 months now Michelin Pilot Sports 215/40/17 with 17x7 OZ Superturismos Gold.
I have no experiences, except with the standard Bridgestones RE10 205/50/16, but although the small tyre profile of the Michelins (40), i have almost the same ride quality and much much more gripping.
May be the S02s will be better, but the ride quality is so different between the two!
So it's up to you...
(Bear in mind the greek tarmac-mirror with the big holes!)