Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

MY99 rear brake upgrade farce

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2001, 11:13 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Why is it so difficult to get uprated rear pads for the MY99? Having ordered some EBC green stuff in August, waited 10 days, only to be sent pads that were over an inch too wide, and not long enough. Argued with EBC for a week that they were not right, and that UK Imprezas had never had rear discs that diameter. They then sent more pads out, which were a bit different, but still a mile out, more arguments with EBC, claiming that there are 3 different size rear calipers on UK MY99!! Gave up on EBC, moved on to Mintex.

Mintex then sent out pre-99 pads, right size, but with two lugs instead of one. Ringing round a few suppliers, finally found the correct part number for MY99/00 rear pads, but have been on back order for 6 weeks now!!

What do I need to do to get uprated pads for the rear of my car Does anyone make any Has anyone got non-oem pads in the rear calipers of a UK MY99 Is this request *so* unusual

All help gratefully received - Am on track at Oulton Park in 2 weeks, and current OEM pads are getting very low

Gary
Old 15 January 2001, 05:41 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All sorted - Thanks to Mike Wood 'official' Prodrive rear upgrade at £75+vat (although one dealer wanted £140 )

Oulton Park here we come