Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

no more FLAT TYRES!

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2000, 06:16 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking

HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD A NAIL IN A GOOD TYRE, THEN YOU DROVE ON IT BRAKIN' ALL THE TIRE WALL?
I have and a new tyre costs £90+

Whiles looking round the Bike show last year a company called UltraSeal produce a solution for Bike tyres (and cars, trucks etc)
that seals a nail/puncture and increases the like of the tyre.
I have it now in my scooby, costs around £12 per tyre! small price to pay whem nu a trye is quite dear!
it's dead easy to put in your self and is usable upto 150mph !! and not 20-30mph like some others quote!

read about it
Old 29 August 2000, 07:56 PM
MatthewR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a nutter!

Seriously though... the website states that this is a product for bikes. Is there any proof/tests that this is safe for cars (particularly one that gets thrown around a lot )?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by salsa-king:
<B>Philip North their Natioal Operations Manager sent me a testermonial that gives ultraseal a very good test at Santa Pod, where a biker reached speeds of of about 140mph with an average 1/4mile in 10.32, and a terminal speed of 135mph, and afer putting upto 6 punctures in his rear tyre made with a 6mm screwdriver!!!!!!!! and no air loss!!

[This message has been edited by salsa-king (edited 29 August 2000).][/quote]

Old 29 August 2000, 08:25 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Unhappy

hmmm
I went round donno in March 115mph
if you talk to them they sell it for cars, there company cars are fitted with it!

as P. North said to me bikers are more pratical and can put the stuff in their tyres earier than a car owner!!!!
cus a bike can de-fate their tyres with out havin' to jack the bike up!
if you fit it yourself yopu jack your tyre up, let all the air out add the product, re pump up the tyre to the correct pressure then move onto the next tyre.
easy to me and you, but some may find it abit to much of a 'crypton factor' to do! that is why the don't want the hassle of idiots not putting it in their tyres correctly then saying it does not work.
can you see what i mean?

But i can say its has no haddlin' affects to the car if done propperly! mines fine!

here is that testermonial i told you about

T.D.R.C.
MOTORCYCLE SERVICING, ENGINE WORK. MODIFICATIONS, ANODISING,
POLISHING, PAINTING AND MORE.
TEL07712542666 (01883346104)
David Lovell 03/07/00
National Sales Manager (Motor Cycle)
Ultraseal Tyresealant Ltd
Sophia House
28 Cathedral Road
Cardiff
CF11 9LJ

Re: Ultraseal Puncture Sealing Process - Test Progamme.

Dear David,

What an absolutely amazing product! At first I was a little unsure of what I was about to try. I have tried several anti-puncture products in the past: with none of them ever working. After a very quick demonstration I was amazed. I had to find out for myself how good this product was. So I started sticking different sized screwdrivers into my rear tyre, and then riding off as normal. Straight away I stood my Yamaha YZF R1 on its back wheel at about 90mph with no problem. The testing went on and got more drastic, by the time I had to change my tyre I had travelled about 300 miles with 8-9 punctures in my rear tyre. I lost minimal air pressure and only had to pump the tyre once because of a l2psi drop.

The second tyre was for the Santa Pod drag strip. During the days racing I exceeded speeds of about 140mph, with an average ¼ mile time of 10.35 seconds, at a terminal speed of 135mph. These times and speeds were achieved with up to six punctures in my rear tyre, all of which were made with 6mm thick screwdrivers and no air loss. Ultraseal gave me total confidence in my tyres and made no difference to my riding. Just to really abuse the product at the end of the day, I was performing rolling “burn-outs” at speeds of 50-70mph and wheelies at 100mph. I have never felt any balance problems or any insecurity of any kind.

In summary this product is absolutely fantastic, and I will be using the product as long as I am riding.

Yours most faithfully

David Corrance
Owner
TD.R.C. Motor Cycles

[This message has been edited by salsa-king (edited 29 August 2000).]

[This message has been edited by salsa-king (edited 29 August 2000).]