Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

No one wants to help

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2000, 12:25 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

My apologies Jon, we get a lot of e Mails, one slips through every now and then,
I've mailed you direct.

Mike.
Old 14 August 2000, 08:19 AM
Julian Rowland
Scooby Regular

I run an MY99. I would suggest synthetic fluid and braided hoses. Much better pedal feel and they seem to suffer less when on the the track. As for the pads and discs I only have my own personal experience and think the best avenue is a set of pads for the road and a set for the track. My ferodo DS2000 seem pretty good for the road and would be pretty good for the track but the cost is too high to kill them on every track day, I am still trying track pads but Mintex 1155's look pretty cheap. Discs - I am not sure, Bremsport or Group N seem good. I like the idea of a grooved disc for deglazing. Pete at Scoobysport should be able to help.

Hope this helps. Feel free to mail me off line.

Julian
Old 14 August 2000, 08:38 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I went to scoobysport for my
- Group N discs (grooved so not really group N anymore)
- DS2000's
- Goodridge Hoses
- Silkolene racing brake fluid
and paid what scoobysport advertise on their website (can't remeber what the labour was , I had a couple other things done at the same time) Total cost for brakes was under £500 though.
The difference over the standard setup was great. I spent the next week touring Scotland and the brakes refused to fade, way past the limits where I know my old setup would have(no track time though :-( ). Initial bite was much improved (lots of complaints from the wife who began to very carefully place the seatbelt chest strap) and feel was very good indeed.
Scoobysport recently changed address and Pete's been very busy, I'd suggest giving him a call or resending the E-mail.
Rgds,
Chuck
Old 14 August 2000, 10:48 AM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Speak to Simon Chamberlain at Graham Goode in Leicester (telephone 0116 283 1125)or website
Old 14 August 2000, 12:33 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

I want to upgrade the brakes on a MY99, for fast road and the ocassional track day. ( yet to do one!!!!!)
Ideally Group N discs and pads.
As I've only got 16" wheels the 330mm prodrive option is out of the window as is the AP racing and Brembo kit (cost with these two )
£500 is the max I will got to.
I've been to see my local dealer and they said they would contact me with a price.
I would expect them to know!!!!!!!!!
I also e-mailed scoobysport and scoobymania on July 26th, still waiting for replies!!!!
I know this topic gets a lot of coverage but any advice gratefully received.

Jon
Old 17 August 2000, 07:46 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info guys. I am leaning towards pagid pads, braided hoses,fluid and possibly a brake support bracket. Haven't quite decided on discs yet, Brembo group N or just a set of grooved.

Old 17 August 2000, 10:28 PM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

I can recommend the brake support bracket. Pedal is now solid as a rock, quite a remarkable difference. However, it had to be modified slightly to fit my P1.

Trending Topics

Old 18 August 2000, 01:04 AM
jase cooper
Scooby Regular

Another vote for the support bracket...Didn't have to modify it to fit my Type R V5 though...now theres another thing they must have changed

jase.
Old 18 August 2000, 08:59 AM
andymac
Scooby Regular

I tried to get some group N discs from both Scooby sport and Scooby mania, but they were having trouble getting stock. I eventually went to Need for Speed (www.needforspeed.co.uk I think) who supplied me with EBC greenstuff pads (got them on the FTO so I know they're good and don't give off any dust) and EBC grooved discs. They do stop a lot better and don't appear to fade (under road use anyhow), but they don't half make a strange noise if you push hard - it's the grooves doing their thing I guess, but I bet it sounds a bit strange from the outside !

cheers
Andy