O.Z. f1 plus or f1 cup-help

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2000, 12:06 AM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Paul,

Just one word of advice! O.Z's although they look very nice are "soft". They are not sufficiently hardened or cured and therefore they do buckle more easily than say a Speedline or Raceline rim. Trust me, I have had the costly experience of taking a pothole with both nearside rims! Oops!

Matt
Old 17 July 2000, 04:19 AM
paultg
Scooby Newbie

Question

Hi, I live in the US and have a white 99 RS 2.5L Coupe.
I really like the look of the OZ F1 Plus wheels (silver/polished lip), as well as the F1 Cups (anthracite).
Eventhough tirerack seems to carry both styles, it seems that you cannot get the proper offsets here in the states (+48 works, +53 is correct-I think) for the Subaru.

I was hoping some of you may be able to help me with a part number off one of these wheels. I was interested in getting 16x7 rims, to match the factory size on my RS.

It was brought to my attention by friends here in the states that this is how they can carry the O.Z. Super T's now. They actually took a trip and looked at a rim to get the part number off it. They said O.Z. here in america just said they could not get them, but once they supplied apart number, it was not a problem.

Can anyone help me out?

Please e-mail me if you can

Thanks again,

Paul G.
Old 17 July 2000, 01:11 PM
paultg
Scooby Newbie

Question

Thanks for the advice Matt. I am kind of surprised though. These rims are considered very stong over here in the States?
I am still looking, and price is a factor. I can't get a price without a part number though, so does anyone else have a number?

I am looking at Volk Racing TE-37's too. I can get 16x7 for about $360 a rim. Kind of high, but a very strong rim, and weighs next to nothing.

Paul G.
Old 17 July 2000, 04:28 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

OZ SuperT2 (EVO) is the main Impreza suitable wheel, it is drop forged for greater strength and is lighter than the normal Super T.

The 17" Polaris will fit as well.

Mike.

[This message has been edited by Mike Tuckwood (edited 17-07-2000).]
Old 17 July 2000, 06:09 PM
paultg
Scooby Newbie

So, the OZ Super T's are that much stronger than the F1 rims? I did not realize that.
I like the Super T's, but they are hard to get here, and the only place I know that has them has gold, and they are $350 USD each.
They are working on getting Anthracite (which I think would look great w/ my White RS). Do you guys all have gold, or does someone have Anthracite and a number off of it.
I also found a place to get Volk TE-37's for $350 each in the 16x7 size, and am checking on colors. White or Anthracite. I understand these rims are very strong.
Whoever brought up the Speedlines, thank you. I forgot about them, and they are almost $100 less per rim over here I think.

Still no part number sthough, anyone?

Thanks again for the help and recommendations. Living on Boston is bumpy, so I am real concerned about wasting money.

By the way, I really enjoyed checking out some of your post last night. You guys seem like a very nice group. I get the same feeling here that I get on the NASIC board.
You guys are welcome to stop by anytime.
Old 18 July 2000, 12:28 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Paul.

The OZ super T (evo) is only available in gold.
You could have them re-painted yourself though?

Mike.