Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

curbing wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2003, 10:00 AM
scoobyguy22
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just spent over a grand on some new 18`s for my baby but its finnaly happened after a month my first contact with a curb!!what a mess it makes at such low speeds.

is there any good products to touch it back up?

you see pics of scoob`s with nice big wheels on that dont have a mark on them how do you not hit the curb. even little tiny curbs about an inch high will scuff the wheel

any info on keeping my wheels looking nice would be most greatfull

if it gets to being bad then i will refurb them but there must be a way of not having to do that so soon.

jo

[Edited by scoobyguy22 - 10/3/2003 10:13:36 AM]
Old 03 October 2003, 11:38 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't even think of mounting the kerb, even if embarrassed due to manouevering c*ck-up.

When parallel parking, Get close and try to butt the kerb deliberatly but VERY slowly with max. lock on. Wind off the lock and just drive forwards. Adjust the left hand mirror so you can see where the rear wheel is when parking (particularly reversing).

Worth pointing out that I currently have Bridgestone S03s on mine which have a meatly bead protector but I still clipped one of the alloys by approx 20mm when I got wound due to screwing up a manouevre in the rush hour.

For small dings, a minor refurb. should be possible for about £30 a corner. There is a national franchise van thing called wicked wheels.

Vindaloo.