Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

GOLD WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2003, 10:33 PM
p555mas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

WHAT IS THE BEST STUFF TO MAKE GOLD ALLOYS SHINE. JUST BOUGHT A NEW SET OFF BK 238 AND WOUNDERD WHAT WAS THE BEST STUFF?
Old 23 September 2003, 10:08 AM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Cool

In my experience, the best thing to make wheels shine is ELBOW GREASE ! I've used several proprietary wheel cleaners, and they've all either damaged the wheels (being acidic) or not cleaned them up.

I would suggest thoroughly cleaning the wheels with soap and water, detergent, car shampoo etc. Dry them properly and then apply car polish / wax and buff to a shine. Lots of effort required though !

Not only will the wheels gleam, but dust and general crap will not stick to the wheels, and should just rinse off when you wash the car.

Its not the easiest way, certainly not as easy as spraying some wheel cleaner on and then rinsing off, but longer term you will get better results.

Hope this helps,

T

ps. bet someone comes along now with a new product that will do the job without the effort and without damaging wheels, D'Oh !
Old 23 September 2003, 10:34 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Wink

Sad

But I take mine off once a month and do exactly the same

Easy to do when the wheels off

PLENTY OF WAX

Then a hose and a wipe in the intervening weeks keeps them perfect

Phil
Old 23 September 2003, 06:11 PM
p555mas
Scooby Regular

THANKS ALOT THOUGHT ABOUT CAR POILSH BUT WAS NOT SHORE
Old 23 September 2003, 10:00 PM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

I've got some turtle wax spray on wheel cleaner (forgotten the name as I always get the bottle wet and the label comes off) - but I always find it again in halfords as it's the only Turtle Wax Alloy Cleaner in a green spray bottle.

I've used this for over 20K miles on my Evo wheels & the Scoob's just had it's third spray of it. It's amazing stuff and I've not seen any evidence of it harming the wheels in any way over the time I've used it - you just spray on, leave and I use a pressure washer to rinse off and then do a quick roll back on the car so the wheels turn half a rotation & then do the bits that I missed in the same way