Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume you had all these mods done before the geometry set up

[Edited by Buzzer - 8/3/2003 11:11:14 PM]
Old 08 March 2003, 11:58 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

lol only just bought the car so Im assuming this is the case. It didnt understeer this badly when I first tested the car, admittedly I didnt push it that hard, and the tyres were only just fitted before I bought it so this is why I was suspecting the tyres. I am a tech and for all I say its understeer I feel as if the tyres are loosing grip before the car is, any one fitted Falkens tell me if this is the case with them?
Laters
Spooks

[Edited by Spooks - 8/4/2003 12:00:20 AM]
Old 03 August 2003, 10:21 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Getting shocking understeer in the wet and not too much better in the dry either.Had Prodrive geometry set up, Eibachs and whiteline sway bars front and rear.It currently has Falken tyres mounted on Sti7 wheels and I suspect it may be these.
Any suggestions?
Spooks
Old 04 August 2003, 12:31 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mention it has front & rear swaybars. Normally if you want to reduce understeer, you fit a stiffer rear ARB and leave the OEM one as this makes the front tyres work harder. If the front is uprated, then the rear needs to be even more stiffer.

I have an adjustable Whiteline ARB fitted to the rear of mine (OE front) and it has reduced understeer. It's on the middle setting and I was told if I fitted a front ARB, then I would need to put the rear onto the stiffest setting.

What speeds to you feel the understeer? slow stuff or through high-speed corners.

Stefan
Old 04 August 2003, 08:41 AM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Did i hear someone whishper ALK?
Old 04 August 2003, 10:43 AM
Corpulent Tosser
Scooby Regular

I had Falkens on my MY99 wagon, I replaced them pretty quick, the front end always felt like it was washing out in the wet, worst case was accelerating out of roundabouts.
Old 05 August 2003, 10:58 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Sorry for the delay in replying, I tend to get the understeer when exiting corners and roundabouts.
As CP said I think its the tyres mainly but I dont have the money at the mo to fix ( hols soon )
One thing that I am struggling with, when I dsaid I had sway bars fitted, I was told that the anti roll bars were needed to be uprated. I thought the sway bars were the same thang? Sorry for sounding stupid but it is my first scoob.

Laters
Spooks
Old 05 August 2003, 11:20 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sway bars and anti roll bar are the same thing. Get rid of your front ARB ( someone on here will buy it ), put the original back on (as said above, you stiffen the back to reduce understeer - if you stiffen the front then you have to have an even stiffer rear ARB than the whiteline one which just means that you're losing grip all round) and get rid of the falkens - toyos or F1s. Other things are solid rear ARB links ( eg powerflex) and anti lift kit, but these are realtively minor compared to softening the front roll bar