Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Castle Tyres Todays Special Offer

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2003, 02:59 PM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for peoples informaition, this is done by the same people who run crossroads garage.

I have sent a mail to Simom to this effect.

Rich
Old 14 July 2003, 03:10 PM
jamesjones
Scooby Regular

When I met David Hunt from Crossroads on Friday 4th July to pick up my F1's he talked about setting up his business properly this time and would be getting a delivery in 2-3 weeks (i.e. end of this week or sometime next week).

He said that demand before was too much for him to handle as well as running his garage, and coupled to the let down from Goodyear was the reason why things had screwed up. He said he won't take money upfront now, so none of the refund business.

If everyone piles in again, I doubt he will be able to handle it, although it should be better than before. He was getting 150ish calls a day.

I would suggest asking to pick them up yourself like I did after a 10 week wait. It was a 4 hour round trip but well worth it for the saving I made.

J

Edited to say - before trying to get his new business banned from Scoobynet, atleast give him the chance to make amends. If you don't need tyres immediately don't order any, and only order 8 if you have an 8-wheeled Scooby. This will give him the chance to get into some sort of process flow, in which he can run it efficiently.

[Edited by jamesjones - 7/14/2003 3:14:52 PM]
Old 14 July 2003, 03:18 PM
Rich Tee
Scooby Regular

James, I was not going to go into this mucn detail, but facts, for me, are as follows,

my refund cheque bounced, having spent a long time getting it, this was the final straw.

I have now issued a county coury writ for recovering my money, he has not responded to this.

I have had several emails from people from this board who have had similar dealings with him.

Thats my justification for warning others.

Rich

Old 14 July 2003, 03:26 PM
jamesjones
Scooby Regular

Point taken.