Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Wheel alignment - Berkshire

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2003, 10:48 AM
Ianwales
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I drive an RB5 Prodrive, I've just put some new tyres on (F1 GSD3) and I want to get my alignment done ASAP because I am sure it is out (mainly due to me hitting a kerb when it snowed back in march).

I've also read about the bumpsteer mod on some old threads that powerstation do which I like the sound of since I've always been a bit disapointed with the amount of understeer.

Does anyone know of anywhere the you can get a good alignment job done in Berkshire?

And that does the bumpsteer mod?

Although not a million miles away, cheltnam is at least 1 1/2 hours away and I am probably not able to get up there in the near future which is obviously a problem.

Any suggestion welcome.

cheers
Ian
Old 22 May 2003, 10:57 AM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ian. I also have an RB5 (although you probably could work that out yourself ) and I took it up to Powerstation for the bumpsteer mod. They are the only people who do it as far as I am aware. It is well worth the effort. Definitely improved my car. Has reduced understeer - in fact my car does still understeer a little but I think that is down to the crappy PZeros currently fitted. The general stability of the car is much better, particularly under heavy braking.
Other than that, I think Power engineering in Uxbridge offer an alignment and geometry service, but I really dont know much them.
Personally I would get your tracking set now to prevent wrecking your new F1s and then make the trip to Cheltenham when you can.

Steve