Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Replacing alloys - singly ok, or in pairs/4 a must?

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2003, 01:45 PM
breezer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I'm probably going to be selling my DBM MY00 within the next month. It's got lovely alloys (std Subaru 6-spoke for the model year) that have been painted gold when new. The previous owner had also scuffed them a bit, and I've added my 2-penny worth to the scuff marks. On the front wheels, anyway - the rears are fine.

I also managed to take a bit of a chunk out of one of them the other day (doh...), and would like to replace them and maybe get the internals checked out, probably need an alignment/camber check anyway.

I've sorted out a set to replace them, but I was wondering, if I want to keep them gold for when I sell (if I don't find a job), is it sensible to just replace the knackered one or should I do pairs (or ideally, probably, all 4)? Will I have problems just changing one from the set?

Reason is, if I can sell the 3 I don't need then I can minimise my costs (a v.good thing right now), or should I do the front pair/whole lot?

Anyone after a DBM MY00 with a few mods (mainly handling - Eibach's, lowered, bumpsteer); or know of a company after a software developer (C++ my speciality, preferably on Unix)????