Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Wheel Refurb - West London

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2003, 12:32 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Independence Day!

Call Pristine on 01908 282628. They girl I spoke to didn't know London so instead of asking for your nearest agent, just ask her to go through the list of agents in your area. You'll know wich ones are nearby.

Mine have gone to Spit and Pollish. It just happened that the agent I contacted uses both companies and S&P were due to collect a wheel from them the next day so I went with them. I hear both companies are good. I can't find the number for S&P, but they're in Tonbridge, Kent, if that helps.

Hopefully get mine back tomorrow, then pick up the rubber in time for the Surrey Meet this Sunday. I'll let you know how I get on.

-17" P1 (Anthracite) x 4
Old 10 April 2003, 05:32 PM
PICKLE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slowboy, don't suppose they told you what the paint code they were going to use on your wheels?? Trying to find out the correct colour from anyone is like trying to get blood out of a stone
Need to get hold of the paint code!
Old 10 April 2003, 06:23 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Pickle,

No, mate, I don't have a paint code for them.

I realise they might not get an exact match, but how close they get will be seen tomorrow. I'm not too bothered to be honest, though I realise some people would want the correct colour. If it's no good, ie not even close to the original colour, then I'll know to be more picky next time I have them done. Have you tried asking either Oz or Prodrive? One of the guys from Prodrive posts on here (Mike Wood, I think).

Let me know if you have any joy. Likewise, if I find the code I'll be sure to post.
Old 11 April 2003, 11:05 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Got the wheels back today, as promised.

Good as new, but not an exact colour match. It's come up darker than original, but I'm not complaining. It means I can get away with cleaning them less often, I suppose.

Thanks to Paul at Northolt Tyres for arranging pick up and delivery with Spit & Pollish. Great service, with a courtesy call to say evrything was on schedule, and then calling as soon as they wheels came back. If only all places where as efficient.

Thanks to the guys at Wembley Tyres for having the F1s in stock and at a great price - £325 all in. Thanks also to Listers Subaru, Worcester for sorting out the decals for the wheels.

Now to scrub them in (just another excuse to go for a long drive )
Old 04 July 2003, 08:15 PM
SlowBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Just in case any one ever needs their wheels refurbished in W London, I spoke to Pristine Wheels in Milton Keynes and Spit and Pollish in Tonbridge. Both appear to have a network of agents in West London, which means you just drop off the wheels at one of the tyre shops and pick them up a few days later.

Saves driving 100 miles round trip to drop them off and then the same again to pick them up.

I know there are places nearer to home, but both these companies seem to know their stuff better than some of the more local ones I've come across. I know Spit and pollish used to do the refurbs for a London Scooby dealer so they should be familiar with the wheels.

Anyway, will post again once I've seen the results, which should be Friday if all goes well.

[Edited by SlowBoy - 4/7/2003 8:16:08 PM]